Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a problem with installing revit

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ayeletvazana
411 Views, 3 Replies

I have a problem with installing revit

I tried installing revit and couldn't, the installation wizard said: "an error accurred while installing this product." I looked at the installation log file and unfortunately couldnt understand what went wrong. Is there anything that could fix this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: ayeletvazana

Hello Ayelet,

Can you please attach your installation log?

Message 3 of 4
ayeletvazana
in reply to: philip.s

Sorry, I thought I did...

Message 4 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: ayeletvazana

Thanks Ayelet!

Looking through the log, specifically the last line you can see where it fails:

"Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603"

This is most likely failing because the prerequisite already installed on the workstation is newer than the one supplied by the Autodesk installer.  Because Windows will not allow an older version of the prerequisite to be installed, the installation aborts with a 1603 error in the installation log file.

A typical workaround is to uinstall the prerequisite (Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64)) via the Control Panel (add / remove programs), and then reinstall the software.

For additional 1603 error causes and corresponding solutions, click here.

Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue, or reply with specifics if the problem still persists.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report