Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
jwood14
185 Views, 1 Reply

I got a virus :(

I got a virus that screwed up a bunch of things on my computer, like file permissions, program associatively, and some other things like that. My computer is back to normal, but I can't open Inventor, like it wont get past the loading window, 25% loaded and stops running. I bought the design suite back in like June, but all of the other programs show an error saying that I have a soft security key issue...... Any ideas? If I uninstall and reinstall the product design suite, will my files be harmed and will that fix the problem? Can I just run like a repair from the flashdrive?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: jwood14

That sucks man. Yeah, you can do a repair.  But you also might need to blow away the activation and reactivate as well.  You might try a system restore to before the virus (if it didn't blow that away) but ultimately, you'll probably have to reinstall.  This will not affect the work you have already done.  So no worries there.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report