Installation & Licensing

*Expert Elite*
LisaDrago
Message 1 of 4 (98 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to unlock a network seat?

98 Views, 3 Replies
09-23-2013 12:30 PM

Hello - I have a client that has 2 network seats... 1 for AutoCAD and 1 for BDSP -

LM Tools says the 1 BDSP is in use. No one has it open. I had them check both computers that has it installed... No one has borrowed it.

I had them open software on their computers to use the licenses... And showed all license being used - then I had them get out of everything - and it still says the 1 BDSP license is being used...

How can we get it to return the license?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 2 of 4 (95 Views)

Re: How to unlock a network seat?

09-23-2013 12:36 PM in reply to: LisaDrago

try to stop/start the license manager

*Expert Elite*
LisaDrago
Message 3 of 4 (88 Views)

09-23-2013 12:44 PM in reply to: DarrenP

Well - that did it!

They have access to all their seats and are working..

Thanks!

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 4 of 4 (54 Views)

09-24-2013 07:59 AM in reply to: LisaDrago

The easiest ones are often the best.

If this continues to be a problem, consider using the TIMEOUTALL option in an adsfklex.opt file.  That should automatically release a stuck license. 

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube