Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install Revit and BDP on same pc

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mhuber
502 Views, 7 Replies

How to install Revit and BDP on same pc

We have licenses for Revit and for Building Design Suite Premium ("BDP"). The problem is, I can't install the BDP with Revit on a pc that has Revit already installed. That means, if a user wants to use Revit and for example Autocad, he needs two licenses, one for Revit and one for the BDP, although Revit is part of the BDP. Also, if no Revit license is available, but a BDP license is, the user can't work with Revit. So my question is, how can I solve that? It would surely help, if I could install both versions of Revit (the "standalone" and the Suite) on the same pc. Is there a way to do that? Or is there any other solution? Maybe with a "fix" in the registry or a file that changes the product number of the installed Revit, so it would accept the other license type?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: mhuber

You have two options.  Only install BDP *or* uncheck Revit when installing BDP.  Either way, that should do ya.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

are these network licenses?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
mhuber
in reply to: DarrenP

No network licenses, they are all single licenses which are ex- and imported.
Message 5 of 8
mhuber

That's how I do it at the moment, I uncheck Revit when I install BDP. But that leads to the problem I described.
Message 6 of 8
TravisNave

If you are seriously moving licenses around that much, you should consider the network activation for your product.  That way this can all be handled for you.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 8
mhuber

Serious? I would install only BDP and it's Revit could be activated with the standalone Revit network license?
Message 8 of 8
TravisNave

Basically, you would install BDP and it would be able to pull a Revit license if Revit was pulled.  Your License Manager would have both Revit and BDP and those Revit licenses should combine and cascade.  This is by design.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21379174&linkID=9240697

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report