Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of student version after actually purchasing AutoCad

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
chrissygam
2625 Views, 4 Replies

How to get rid of student version after actually purchasing AutoCad

I had the Student Version of AutoCad 2011 on my computer but I Just purchased AutoCad with a new serial number and product code.  I uninstsalled all AutoCad stuff before using disk to install the one I just purchased but when I open autocad it still says it is the student version and has that stupid watermark on printed drawings.  I input my new serial number and everything how do I get it to just be regular autocad??

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I am also looking to learn how to get rid of the student version print.  When I open the program, it says that it will print that message and that I should open as a different type of file.  I do not see any choices in that respect.    Please post a solution if you find one.  Thanks

Message 3 of 5

I read some other blogs on this.  I cannot figure out where to tell you to go, however.  In 2006, there is a lengthy message by someone who might be authoritative, who says that the program is written with the Education stamp.  It also will pollute any other file using the one you made.  The pop up when the file is opened seems more like a warning than any real direction for changing it.  I have tried several Save As options and other settings, and the Education stamp remains.  I suppose I can use this for my classes, but not the way I wanted to use it.  The price was in fact, too good to be true.  The bastards should be advertising this.  I got mine at Academic Superstore, and will look for a refund.  Good luck to you.

Message 4 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: charliejennifer

@charliejennifer wrote:

I got mine at Academic Superstore, and will look for a refund. 

Any student anywhere in the world can get the latest Autodesk software absolutely FREE http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity - so whatever you paid was too much.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: chrissygam

@chrissygam wrote:

I uninstsalled all AutoCad

You did not need to unistall AutoCAD and in fact, as you have discovered, that doesn't accomplish anything. 
The code is identical - only the terms of the license are different.
Your code will always see the original license until you -

1. Start the program.
2. Go to Help>About AutoCAD>Product Information and click on Change Serial Number.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate the new license.

This will change to commercial license - but all previous work will still be student watermarked.
You will have do redo any work you intend to use commercially.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report