Installation & Licensing

zakstefanou
Message 1 of 4 (2,249 Views)

How to deactivate licence in order to activate to an new computer

2249 Views, 3 Replies
12-19-2011 08:04 AM

Hello,

i recently signed up and downloaded some Autodesk Applications, and activated them with a student licence.

I will soon buy a new computer and since the student licence permits the activation to one computer only, I am wondering what is the procedure to deactivate the autodesk products on my old pc, in order to activate them on my new pc.

Thank you

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 2 of 4 (2,244 Views)

Re: How to deactivate licence in order to activate to an new computer

12-19-2011 08:59 AM in reply to: zakstefanou

Hi zakstefanou,

The deactivation process is to uninstall the software on the old machine and reinstall on the new computer. As mentioned, the student license does only permit one activation, and thus you will need an activation code to override the system. You can request an activation code by either calling our Registration and Activation group (contact detail below), or by sending me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name, and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number and corresponding request code.

Registration and Activation

Americas - (800) 551-1490

Asia / Pacific - 65.6735.5688

Europe / Middle East / Africa - 41.32.723.9595

How to find your product request code - LINK

Philip Schmelzer
dse93
Message 3 of 4 (28 Views)

07-10-2014 10:25 PM in reply to: philip.s

HI, i dont knoe if this is the right place to ask but i need help asap. I used to have autocad 2014 with student licence in my pc but I reinstall all my pc and now I need to install it again. what do I need to do? it says "Fallo en la comunicacion" (comunication failure, I have it in spanish). I believe its about the licence and the activation but not sure please help me.

kind regards

Diego Segura

Product Support
jeffrey.sin
Message 4 of 4 (23 Views)

07-10-2014 11:16 PM in reply to: dse93

Hi @dse93

"Communication failure" error can be resolved by using an alternative download method (Browser Download) or by downloading from the Virtual Agent. Kindly check out the information in these Autodesk Solutions below:

Error: "Communication Failure" 

Download from Virtual Agent 

Thanks,

Jeffrey Sin

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube