Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deactivate licence in order to activate to an new computer

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
zakstefanou
7443 Views, 4 Replies

How to deactivate licence in order to activate to an new computer

Hello,

i recently signed up and downloaded some Autodesk Applications, and activated them with a student licence.

I will soon buy a new computer and since the student licence permits the activation to one computer only, I am wondering what is the procedure to deactivate the autodesk products on my old pc, in order to activate them on my new pc.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
philip.s
in reply to: zakstefanou

Hi zakstefanou,

The deactivation process is to uninstall the software on the old machine and reinstall on the new computer. As mentioned, the student license does only permit one activation, and thus you will need an activation code to override the system. You can request an activation code by either calling our Registration and Activation group (contact detail below), or by sending me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name, and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number and corresponding request code.

Registration and Activation

Americas - (800) 551-1490

Asia / Pacific - 65.6735.5688

Europe / Middle East / Africa - 41.32.723.9595

How to find your product request code - LINK

Message 3 of 5
dse93
in reply to: philip.s

HI, i dont knoe if this is the right place to ask but i need help asap. I used to have autocad 2014 with student licence in my pc but I reinstall all my pc and now I need to install it again. what do I need to do? it says "Fallo en la comunicacion" (comunication failure, I have it in spanish). I believe its about the licence and the activation but not sure please help me.

kind regards

Diego Segura

Message 4 of 5
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: dse93

Hi @dse93

"Communication failure" error can be resolved by using an alternative download method (Browser Download) or by downloading from the Virtual Agent. Kindly check out the information in these Autodesk Solutions below:

Error: "Communication Failure" 

Download from Virtual Agent 

Thanks,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 5 of 5
noctisliow
in reply to: philip.s

hi philip.s,

can u help me deactive and active the license on new pc?

my partner change new pc but dint deactive old pc license, than now old pc are fotmat already,

i can't transfer license to new pc, can u help me deactivate old pc license?

or help me active license on this pc?

Look on your forward As soon as posible

Noctis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report