Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to combine Autodesk products with non-Autodesk products

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
hashim.mundol
402 Views, 1 Reply

How to combine Autodesk products with non-Autodesk products

Question:

more then 1 applications using LMTools

Hello, We use multiple products that all use the LMTools utility. 
For example on one server: Ansys, Autocad and Mathcad. We have the
feeling that different license servers are in the way of each other. 
Do you have any experiance with this? What do you advise if we got

Answer:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS13541551

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS67745

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: hashim.mundol

There are better ways to go about combining licensing of different products.  In your example, you are pointing to two different LMGRD.EXE files.  I do not recommend this as running two different license manager files with potentially different versions can cause issues. 

The Flexnet License Manger is backwards compatible.  Using the latest version is always recommended.  Combining the use of the NLM with multiple 3rd parties can be accomplished with one LMGRD.EXE file so long as the respective vendor files (i.e. adksflex.exe and sgiawd.exe) are also present in the same directly location. 

Therefore to combine adksflex and sgiawd files, you would only need one location located at:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager

with the following files:

lmgrd.exe

lmtools.exe

lmutil.exe

adskflex.exe

sgiawd.exe

You would still create a separate service for each vendor but the paths would point to the same LMGRD.EXE file. 

In fact, as I was writing this a customer needed this done.  I was able to combine Autodesk, Alias, Soliworks, ProE, and Keystone all into one folder with one LMGRD.EXE and all the vendor files, configured with one LMTOOLS... all the latest version 11.9.1.

You can also combine the .LIC files so long as the headers are the same, just as you would normally combine Autodesk products.  Just include the VENDOR and PORT lines as necessary.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report