Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I start my student copy of AutoCAD 2011 for Mac (English)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lohmancorpgov
318 Views, 2 Replies

How do I start my student copy of AutoCAD 2011 for Mac (English)

Downloaded on 24 September; have my product key and serial number; no icon visible on my dock.  How do I begin using my software?  I have basic knowledge of the product as we are using AutoCAD 2010 at school, but it's running on Windows -easy to start, as the icon is clearly visible.  But on the mac I don't see the icon.

Thanks for any insights

E 🙂 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pmiles2
in reply to: lohmancorpgov

Hi, I don't have AutoCAD on my Mac, I run it under bootcamp.

Have you looked in your applications folder on the Mac?  There should be an application folder for Autodesk in there with the icon to launch the app.  If there is no such folder or no app icon for AutoCAD 2011, odds are, you didn't actually install the application and perhaps just downloaded the installer app.  You will need to run the installer app to install the actual application.

Message 3 of 3
pmiles2
in reply to: pmiles2

BTW, Autodesk applications aren't backwards compatible.  This means if you create a file at school in AutoCAD 2010 and bring it home and open it in AutoCAD 2011 and save it, you won't be able to open it in AutoCAD 2010.  You need to be running the same version of the software to avoid having to export your files in a legacy format... which may not fully support features found in the later formats.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report