Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the AutoCAD LT 2012 Licensing server path on client PC

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Jerrit.tyler
2899 Views, 3 Replies

How do I change the AutoCAD LT 2012 Licensing server path on client PC

I installed LT 2012 onto a users computer via a network install, when I ran LT 2012 for the first time it asked for my network license server path, I mistyped it and now when i run LT 2012 it just says my license server is invalid...I cant determine how to correct the typo in the license server path in the users local install of LT 2012.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: Jerrit.tyler

create this: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
inchul.lee
in reply to: Jerrit.tyler

Hi Jerrit,

A license server name you enter during the installation process is stored in LICPATH.LIC file in the default installation folder (ex. C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2012). If you open the file using Windows Notepad, it'll look like this:

SERVER servername 000000000000
USE_SERVER

You may modify it to reflect the correct license server name.

In addition to the above, you may be interested to know what other information is used to communicate with a network license server. A client looks at below information (in order):

1. ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE Windows Environment Variable
  2. ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE Key under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FLEXlm License Manager registry
  3. LICPATH.LIC file

For example, ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE Windows Environment Variable takes precedence over the other two. So, you may also edit ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE Windows Environment Variable following the Technical Solution that Darren mentioned above.

Inchul Lee
Message 4 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: inchul.lee

inchul.lee wrote:

In addition to the above, you may be interested to know what other information is used to communicate with a network license server. A client looks at below information (in order):

1. ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE Windows Environment Variable
  2. ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE Key under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FLEXlm License Manager registry
  3. LICPATH.LIC file

For example, ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE Windows Environment Variable takes precedence over the other two. So, you may also edit ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE Windows Environment Variable following the Technical Solution that Darren mentioned above.

I agree that the environment variable (ENV VAR) takes precedence over the .lic file, but the ENV VAR itself does not always take precedence over the registry entry noted above. I can change the ENV VAR at PC startup using group policy and at this point the ENV VAR and the registry do not match. AutoCAD will still pull a license from the location in the registry instead of from the path in the ENV VAR.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report