Installation & Licensing

nani1390
Message 1 of 3 (336 Views)

How do I allocate more RAM to 3Ds Max 2010x64 for rendering or working?

336 Views, 2 Replies
09-08-2013 03:34 AM

I Installed 16 G.B.RAM in my P.C.to work in 3ds max.  but while rendering or while working in high polygon models its using only 2.57 to 3.89 GB out of 16 GB RAM. some times because of high poly models my files got crushed.., pls can any body suggest me To increase memory (RAM) Usage in 3ds max 2010x64 installed in windows 7 64bit. Really i am very much upset with this.., while rendering also  its taking nearly 5 hours for the size of 800X600 with very low pixels. 

I am using the following system:

AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad Core processer   3.60GHz

16GB RAM

WINDOWS 7 64-bit OS

NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 4GB

HARD DRIVE 1TB

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 3 (308 Views)

Re: How do I allocate more RAM to 3Ds Max 2010x64 for rendering or working?

09-09-2013 06:09 AM in reply to: nani1390

The software will use what it needs: AFAIK you cannot spoon-feed it more that it can use. Sorry.

Is your PC a single-processor (it appears to be but I thought I swould ask)?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 3 of 3 (303 Views)

Re: How do I allocate more RAM to 3Ds Max 2010x64 for rendering or working?

09-09-2013 07:31 AM in reply to: nani1390

Having a bigger bucket doesn't make it fill with water any faster.  It just means fewer trips.  High quality renders and lots of frames require a lot of time to render.  Depending on the number of frames you are rendering, level of detail, lighting, and so on, 5 hours could well be justified.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube