Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I allocate more RAM to 3Ds Max 2010x64 for rendering or working?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
nani1390
6021 Views, 4 Replies

How do I allocate more RAM to 3Ds Max 2010x64 for rendering or working?

I Installed 16 G.B.RAM in my P.C.to work in 3ds max.  but while rendering or while working in high polygon models its using only 2.57 to 3.89 GB out of 16 GB RAM. some times because of high poly models my files got crushed.., pls can any body suggest me To increase memory (RAM) Usage in 3ds max 2010x64 installed in windows 7 64bit. Really i am very much upset with this.., while rendering also  its taking nearly 5 hours for the size of 800X600 with very low pixels. 

I am using the following system:

AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad Core processer   3.60GHz

16GB RAM

WINDOWS 7 64-bit OS

NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 4GB

HARD DRIVE 1TB

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: nani1390

The software will use what it needs: AFAIK you cannot spoon-feed it more that it can use. Sorry.

Is your PC a single-processor (it appears to be but I thought I swould ask)?

Message 3 of 5
dgorsman

Having a bigger bucket doesn't make it fill with water any faster.  It just means fewer trips.  High quality renders and lots of frames require a lot of time to render.  Depending on the number of frames you are rendering, level of detail, lighting, and so on, 5 hours could well be justified.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 5
KastytisD

I like the way you got two responses, and noone really answered your question. 

I am having the same issue, 16GB of RAM, and the program is using only 3.5GB, and becomes unresponsive if enough models are added, yet it does not use any more. Cannot find a way around it though.

Let me know if you figured it out?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: KastytisD

There's a difference between not answering a question, and giving a answer that isn't desired.

I'd recommend switching to the dedicated 3DSMAX board over at the AREA, as this one is for installation and licensing issues.  Be sure to include more information about what you are trying to do.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report