Are you under active subscription? If yes, you are entitle to use the 3 previous version of your product.
You are correct that you can't activate the 2011 software with you 2012 license info. As you're the Contract Manager on an active subscription agreement, I've provided the following previous version license request instructions below.
To Request Previous Versions in the Subscription Center (CM or Assigned SC)
1. Sign into the Subscription Center.
2. On the Home Page, click on the link "Contract Administration".
3. On the Contract Administration Page, scroll to the bottom of the page
4. Click on the bottom link called "Previous Versions".
5. If you have questions about what licenses are available for previous versions, click on the hyperlink "Eligible Product List"(pdf file)
6. To review the licenses on your subscription, please click on the hyperlink "Coverage Report" and click on your contract number to display the licenses and corresponding product keys.
7. Click the radio button next to the deployment version that you need. (Standalone or Network) and click "Continue"
8. You will be given further instructions as you progress through until you have completed the Previous Version request.
9. Your new Previous Version serial number will be sent to you via email. Your serial number confirmation email will contain information on how to order software media free of charge if needed.
If my reply was helpful, please Kudo or Accept as Solution so that it can be more easily utilized by others.
Hello Autodesk Support,
I have the same problem. I have 5 Licenses for 3D Max Studio 2012. Can I use 4 licenses for 3D Max 2011? If yes, do you have the documents for this matters. It would be great if you send trough my email email@example.com
I loged on to this is the site : https://subscription.autodesk.com/, but I cannot see "Contract Administration" (attach file to see more)
Previous version licenses can also be requested with Software Coordinator privileges. I've created a support request for you and will be sending out an email to the Contract Manager that he can reply to and request you be made the new Contract Manager or set up as the Software Coordinator.