Installation & Licensing

Community Manager
camilo.lemos
Message 1 of 38 (3,216 Views)

How To Upgrade Your Autodesk Product from the Subscription Center

3216 Views, 37 Replies
03-26-2013 10:02 AM

It’s that time of the year again! The 2014 versions of most Autodesk software have just been released.

But before you dive in and test all those shiny new features, your AutodeskHelp Crew is here to guide you through the steps you will need to follow to have your new product upgrade up and running.

From logging in to the Subscription Center to downloading, installing and activating your product, our brand new step-by-step guide will ensure that you have a quick and seamless transition from your 2013 to the new 2014 Autodesk software.

Your feedback is very important. So, let us know via this thread if the guide was helpful or if you feel some improvement is needed. When giving us feedback, make sure you mention what part of our guide you used and how it was (or wasn't) helpful.

Click here for our step-by-step guide.

Thank you and enjoy your 2014 products!

Camilo Lemos
l.dzierzanowski
Message 2 of 38 (3,159 Views)

Re: How To Upgrade Your Autodesk Product from the Subscription Center

03-29-2013 07:37 AM in reply to: camilo.lemos

will the 2014 versions be availabe in students.autodesk.com site?

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 3 of 38 (3,144 Views)

03-29-2013 03:53 PM in reply to: l.dzierzanowski

Hello Łukasz,

The Education Community will be releasing it's available 2014 products / licenses soon! We'd recommend checking the site periodically over the next couple weeks for more info.

Philip Schmelzer
melloyellow
Message 4 of 38 (3,083 Views)

04-04-2013 07:55 AM in reply to: camilo.lemos

If we have a network license server for Autocad and Autodesk PDS 2013, what do we need to do on the network license manager server to upgrade to 2014? Do we need to install a newer version of the License Manager and do we need another license file?

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 5 of 38 (3,069 Views)

04-04-2013 02:32 PM in reply to: melloyellow

Welcome to the community Jason!

There is a new version (11.11) of the Autodesk NLM tools, but it is not required for 2014 products unless you're running Server 2012. You will need new license files for both AutoCAD and PDS which would then need to be combined (cascading order = Increment -> Package (subscription) -> Suite).

How to Request a License File -> LINK

How to Combine License Files -> LINK

Philip Schmelzer
filo.inventor
Message 6 of 38 (3,023 Views)

04-09-2013 04:12 PM in reply to: philip.s

I cant downoad my upgrades, the attached files are images of the problem

When I click ove the "get your updates" I get a balnk page ant url gets a never ending submit form.

Is there a solution to this because I cant get any answer from the reseller (they have been hecking since last week)

Thank you

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 7 of 38 (3,010 Views)

04-09-2013 05:00 PM in reply to: filo.inventor

My apologies for the inconvenience Jorge.

I've made a correction to your account which should resolve the blank screen / SFDC looping issue. Please allow at least 15-30 minutes for the changes to become visible on your end. If it doesn't clear it up, please send me a Private Message (click on myphilip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your password or permission to reset it and I'll troubleshoot accordingly.

I also wanted to point out that as a temporary workaround you can also download current release software directly from the corresponding Trials page, and current + previous version software from Matt, our Virtual Assistant.

Philip Schmelzer
rschultz
Message 8 of 38 (2,976 Views)

04-11-2013 09:38 AM in reply to: philip.s

I'm having the same issue: I cant downoad my upgrades, the attached files are images of the problem

When I click ove the "get your updates" I get a balnk page ant url gets a never ending submit form. Please help.

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 9 of 38 (2,942 Views)

04-12-2013 12:44 PM in reply to: rschultz

Hello Roger,

I've also just made an adjustment to your account. As mentioned above, please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your password or permission to reset if you're still experiencing the looping error after a half hr or so.

Additionally, can also download current release software directly from the corresponding Trials page, and current + previous version software from Matt, our Virtual Assistant.

Philip Schmelzer
redwood_subdesign
Message 10 of 38 (2,931 Views)

04-13-2013 12:59 AM in reply to: philip.s

Same problem here. It is indeed a problem on the account. Because on different computers i have the same problem.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube