Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13
acdcvogel
493 Views, 12 Replies

Hotfix questions

so i downloaded the hotfix, extracted what i thought was needed and it still won't let me get inventor, only inventor fusion

please help

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
TravisNave
in reply to: acdcvogel

Which hotfix do you need and what problem are you experiencing that you need a hotfix?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 13
acdcvogel
in reply to: TravisNave

i need a hotfix because my computer runs window vista, i download what i believe to be the proper one (x86) because there was not option for 32-bit

i have downloaded the hotfix and have tried extracting the files, but am not sure what files or if the hotfix works

thank you,

a.vogel

Message 4 of 13
DarrenP

is this a hotfix for windows or the autodesk product?

if its for windows you need to go to microsoft for it not autodesk

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 13
TravisNave

Agreed. Which hotfix is it and why do you need it?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 13
acdcvogel

when attempting to install and after i have enter my registry code etc.  it has a red circle with a slash through it not giving me the option to install inventor pro, only inventor fusion.  when i move my mouse over ther red circle, it tells me i need microsoft hotfix  KB971138.  i believe i need this hotfix to extract a file, but i am not sure at all.

thanks for help,

a.vogel

Message 7 of 13
DarrenP

you get that hotfix from microsoft not autodesk

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 13
TravisNave

Exactly. But you're in luck because I provided the file here awhile back.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Email-with-hotfix-for-inventor-has-no-password/...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 13
acdcvogel

well, you see, i know where to get the hotfix, i just don't know what file or what to extrude with it...

basically, i need to know what/how you use the hotfix in conjungtion with autodesk

Message 10 of 13
dueler96

Hi, I've been having the same problem. When I saw your link I downloaded it, but when I run the hotfix it says "This does not apply to your system" What could this mean? 

Message 11 of 13
DarrenP

you probably need to call computer support or microsoft

this is not a autodesk hotfix

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 12 of 13
quincyandrew

is there a fix for the hotfix because i seem to be getting the same problem. it says  the update doesnt apply for my system.

Message 13 of 13
DarrenP
in reply to: quincyandrew

ask microsoft

this is a windows hotfix not an autodesk hotfix

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report