Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
rmrichardson
813 Views, 2 Replies

Home Use License

Have a Home Use license that has expired as of yesterday. I did get a new serial number to activate the program, but since the old license
has already expired and the program will not launch, how do I activate the new license?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
emily.xu
in reply to: rmrichardson

You can try to delete the license file and re-start your program, get the requirement code to apply your activation code.
The license file location is :
For Windows XP OS: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Software Licenses (with extension .dat)
Windows Vista and 7: C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet (with extension .data)

Emily Xu, Autodesk Product Support

We appreciate your quick feedback on this forum

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 3
jbokic
in reply to: emily.xu

Sorry for the late bump, but my question is related. My home use license expired and when I asked IT for an extension they provided me with a new serial #. Even if I delete the .data file under C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet, it is automatically replaced when I launch the program and I am asked if I want to authorize my installation under the old serial number with no option to put in the new serial. Is there another way to dissociate the old serial number with my installation so I can use my new authorized one?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report