Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11
DSV_CFB
940 Views, 10 Replies

Home Use License

I received this info from autodesk

Product/Version: AutoCAD Map 3D 2011 
Seats: 30 
Home Use Serial Number: XXXXXXX 
Product Key: XXXXX

Our installed HULA AutoCAD MAP 3D 2011 had another serial; YYYYYYY. Using this serial, AutoCAD has been installed on several home systems. We cannot reactivate this installation due to the new serialnumber. Please tell me how we can solve this problem without a complete new installation. And if a new installation is really required, where can we dowload AutoCAD MAP 3D 2011? Or is the serial we received usable for installing AutoCAD MAP 2013, It doesn't say so..
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: DSV_CFB

Hi DSV_CFB,

Based on the information you provided, I am guessing that you requested for a Home Use Serial Number with a 2011 version, thus we generated one for you. However, note that there is an expiration date for Home Use License and once expired changes would need to be made on our end. 

As Home Use License Serial Number is a benefit for Subscription customer and you can download the software via Subscription Center.

If you still rather use the 2011 instead of the 2013 version, you can do that. You can both have the 2013 and the 2011 version activated. For activation inquiries and clarification, feel free to contact our Registration and Activation team. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 11
DSV_CFB
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Hello,

Does this mean that we have to uninstall the current MAP2011 installation and reinstall it with a new serial?

Can we use the new serial for installing MAP 2013. Here a copy of the HULA message..

We have extended and amended your existing HULA license: 

Product/Version: AutoCAD Map 3D 2011 
Seats: 30 
Home Use Serial Number: 355-770XXXXX 
Product Key: 
129C1 

Jeroen Visser

Message 4 of 11
joane.bonghanoy

Hi Jeroen,

There's no need to uninstall and re-install your AutoCAD Map 3D 2011. What needs to be done is to generate a new Activation for the Home Use License Serial Number as changes were made to its expiration date. Click to here request for an Activation Code. 

What did you mean by this question, "Can we use the new serial for installing MAP 2013"? Did you mean, you want to use the extended HULA Serial Number for 2011in installing and activating the 2013 version? If so, no that would not work. The system will see that the Serial Number is a 2011 and that the installation file is a 2013 version.

If I seem to have misunderstood the question, feel free to reply with more details. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 5 of 11
DSV_CFB
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Hello,

OK.

Is there one requestcode / activationcode for all current 2011 installations. I mean, when I look at the requestcode on my HOME PC and receive an activationcode, will that activationcode work for all HOME users?

Regards,

Jeroen Visser

Message 6 of 11
celine.manca

Hi Jeroen,

As you've received one serial number with 30 seats, you will be able to install the 2011 product as a home use version with the same serial number for a total of 30 machine.

The activation should be automatic simply by entering the serial number and product key.

Celine Manca
Message 7 of 11
DSV_CFB
in reply to: celine.manca

Hallo,

issue is that we have installed MAP 2011 two years ago, with another serial (355-xxxxxxxx). last year the license was reactivated, but now we get another serial. We cannot change the serial of an existing  installation. We want to reactivate it again.

All this makes me think it is better to advice the users to unintall te current installation and reinstall with the new serial. But I don't really want that.

Regards

Jeroen Visser

Message 8 of 11
celine.manca

Hi Jeroen,

I've edited your reply to hide the serial number information.

The serial number you had from 2 years ago was set to expire on January 2013.

As you've requested some new home used licenses, the registration & activation team provides you the new one for 30 seats.

If the software gives you a "licensed expired" message, you can use the new serial you've received but you won't need to uninstall and re-install the software on each machine.

Celine Manca
Message 9 of 11
DSV_CFB

Message 10 of 11
DSV_CFB

Hello,

Where can we update the serial of an expired installation? We cannot do this in the product / license information (see attachement) because we cannot open AutoCAD MAP 2011.

Message 11 of 11
camilo.lemos

Hi DSV_CFB,

Your request has been escalated to our Subscription support team. You will be contacted soon via e-mail or phone.

****IMPORTANT: For future reference, please do not post your serial number or attachments containing your serial number on these public forums as this can seriously harm your software's and account's security****

Best regards,

Camilo Lemos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report