Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Use License Installation

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
shaynesherriff2315
1095 Views, 6 Replies

Home Use License Installation

Hi, we're trying to get a home use license working on one of our workers machine, do we install MAX as a Standalone or Network?

The Licenses we have at work are network and the instructions say the following:

The attached activation file is required to activate your product.

1. Save the activation file on your computer.
2. Start the product for which you requested an activation code.
3. Select "Activate the product" and click "Next".
4. Choose "I have an activation code" on the Activation page.
5. Enter the path and filename of the Activation File you saved in Step 1, and click "Next".

Name the license file anything you would like. The name must have a .lic extension.

After installing as Standalone the only method available for activation is online or I have an activation code... we tried using the activation code supplied in the Autodesk e-mail but it is 2 blocks of characters short for this method and there is no method to browse to a .lic file.

Please help...

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

It is not necessary that activation code fills all the available boxes. I assume you have 14 out of 16 filled. Please let us know if activation works with this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7

So we do install as Standalone then? As this is the only way I can see to get this activation code dialog.

We have 2 activation codes for 2 home use machines. The 1st was authorised online but the other doesn't have an internet connection so needs the auth code but neither supplied codes work for this machine.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 7

Home user license is always standalone.

With network, you will have to use Borrow Funtionality to take away the license.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 7

OK so do I need to request another activation code as mine don't work?

Message 6 of 7

Just wondering if there was a solution yet as we are limited to the 30 day trial until a usable license key becomes available.

Many thanks.

Message 7 of 7

Yes you will have to request for an activation code

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report