Installation & Licensing

Message 1 of 5 (108 Views)

Help with LICENSE server problem/question

108 Views, 4 Replies
12-12-2012 09:30 PM

My company has a single license server on our network. It has license info for several different versions of Autocad. Right now I'm having a problem with Autocad 2005. Ok, I created a network install (MSI) with the wizard that came on the CD. This prompted me for a few things like if it a stand alone install or network/license install, things like that. I went through the wizard and finally ended up with an install. Ok, I did the install and it went throuigh just fine. I ran Autocad and then went into HELP/ABOUT and it did license it against our license server, which is what I wanted. Now the PROBLEM. How do I take back this install/license from the license server? I know when I did the install it probably went out to the license server and said hey, this computer is going to have Autocad 2005, so register it and make it work. Ok, that's cool. But now I want to remove this SEAT/license information from the license server, how is that done? Do I just UNinstall it? Does that remove it automatically? Also, is there a way to tell how if it has been removed? This is a little bit new to me, so i'm learning as I go with this. Hard to get correct info on such old versions.

Thanks!

Mike

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 2 of 5 (96 Views)

Re: Help with LICENSE server problem/question

12-13-2012 07:59 AM in reply to: mdelig00

mdelig00 wrote: 
But now I want to remove this SEAT/license information from the license server, how is that done? Do I just UNinstall it? Does that remove it automatically? Also, is there a way to tell how if it has been removed?

Thanks!

Mike

i don't know what you mean by remove this license

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 3 of 5 (92 Views)

12-13-2012 08:05 AM in reply to: mdelig00

Darren is right.  The reason this is confusing is because your question doesn't make sense in the realm of network licensing.  The license is always distributed by the server when the client requests it and is returned at exit.  There is no limitation to the amount of installations for network versions.  You could literally install your 2005 deployment on every computer in the known world and it wouldn't affect your licensing.  So don't worry about it.  Your test was successful so go ahead and move on to your next step.  :smileyhappy:

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Message 4 of 5 (90 Views)

12-13-2012 08:12 AM in reply to: TravisNave

Ok, thanks for the response. It does make me feel better about the licensing. I wasn't too sure how that worked. I know with some other programs on our network we always have to "de-license" the software if we want to install it again on another computer. I'm glad the Autocad license system isn't like that.

Thanks again!

Mike

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 5 of 5 (87 Views)

12-13-2012 08:42 AM in reply to: mdelig00

Yep, you're all set!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube