Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with LICENSE server problem/question

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mdelig00
207 Views, 4 Replies

Help with LICENSE server problem/question

My company has a single license server on our network. It has license info for several different versions of Autocad. Right now I'm having a problem with Autocad 2005. Ok, I created a network install (MSI) with the wizard that came on the CD. This prompted me for a few things like if it a stand alone install or network/license install, things like that. I went through the wizard and finally ended up with an install. Ok, I did the install and it went throuigh just fine. I ran Autocad and then went into HELP/ABOUT and it did license it against our license server, which is what I wanted. Now the PROBLEM. How do I take back this install/license from the license server? I know when I did the install it probably went out to the license server and said hey, this computer is going to have Autocad 2005, so register it and make it work. Ok, that's cool. But now I want to remove this SEAT/license information from the license server, how is that done? Do I just UNinstall it? Does that remove it automatically? Also, is there a way to tell how if it has been removed? This is a little bit new to me, so i'm learning as I go with this. Hard to get correct info on such old versions.

Thanks!

Mike

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: mdelig00

mdelig00 wrote: 
But now I want to remove this SEAT/license information from the license server, how is that done? Do I just UNinstall it? Does that remove it automatically? Also, is there a way to tell how if it has been removed?

Thanks!

Mike

i don't know what you mean by remove this license

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
TravisNave

Darren is right.  The reason this is confusing is because your question doesn't make sense in the realm of network licensing.  The license is always distributed by the server when the client requests it and is returned at exit.  There is no limitation to the amount of installations for network versions.  You could literally install your 2005 deployment on every computer in the known world and it wouldn't affect your licensing.  So don't worry about it.  Your test was successful so go ahead and move on to your next step.  Smiley Happy

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 5
mdelig00
in reply to: TravisNave

Ok, thanks for the response. It does make me feel better about the licensing. I wasn't too sure how that worked. I know with some other programs on our network we always have to "de-license" the software if we want to install it again on another computer. I'm glad the Autocad license system isn't like that.

Thanks again!

Mike

Message 5 of 5
TravisNave

Yep, you're all set!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report