Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please with Installation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
malcolm
198 Views, 2 Replies

Help Please with Installation

Hi  I have autocad 2012 installed on my old computer which is 32 bit. I purchased a new computer which is 64 bit and I would like to put it on my new computer. Can someone please tell me. Can I download the 64 bit software and install it on my new computer or do I have to install a 32 bit version.  Also is it possible to find the information that I used to install the 32 bit software on autodesk or within the software. I registered it when it was installed but cannot find the serial number / product key and will the same serial number / product key work on the 64 bit software. Sorry to sound so ignorant. Any help would be appreciated 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
malcolm
in reply to: malcolm

Hi I managed to get access to the program on my old computer by using remote access until I find the information to re-install on my new computer. 

Message 3 of 3
camilo.lemos
in reply to: malcolm

Hi Malcolm and welcome to the forums!

You will need to install the 64-bit version on your 64-bit machine. The 64-bit version can be activated with the same serial number you have and can be downloaded from Matt, our Virtual Agent. Click here and select the option Downloading and Installation -> Software Download Links -> I Need to Redownload my Product; then simply choose the program and version that you wish to download.

As for the serial number, you can obtain i from within the software (the one you area already using and that has been activated). Click on the arrow close to the "?" icon in the program, then click on About AutoCAD and finally click on product Information.

Let me know if you need any additional help!

Camilo Lemos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report