Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed At Student Download Centre Please!

39 REPLIES 39
Message 1 of 40
Gargettalex
3918 Views, 39 Replies

Help Needed At Student Download Centre Please!

Hello there, I understand a few other people have posted on the forums regarding this problem, although personally I cant seem to find a specific answer/ download link to Autodesk Mudbox.

I have just written out an email to send to the support center, only to find I could not send it, I have posted it below as I believe it points out my problem clearly.

I am trying to download a copy of Autodesk Mudbox for Mac OS X.

If anyone could help in any way whatsoever, I would greatly appreciate it, and if I don’t speak to you later within this post, thank you in advance!

The Problem:

"Hello there, my name is….., currently a student of the University of Teesside.

For the past week now I have been struggling to download a student copy of Autodesk MudBox for Mac OS X, and find myself running into a number of problems along the way.

This is my second message to the support center and although I realize you may be up to your neck in messages, I hope you can reply to this a.s.a.p. as this is all becoming quite frustrating.

Ill try and guide you through my downloading process as best I can:

I navigate to "Autodesk Student" using the Google search engine and select the "Get Software" link, once on the page i navigate to the "Autodesk MudBox" tab and then "login".

Now, once i have logged in to the website the software list disappears, making it impossible to download the software.

This is where my problem is, I have attempted to use a windows computer rather than apple to somehow resolve this, although find myself in the same position.

A number of smaller problems I seem to be finding are:

1. I am told "Your account has not yet been activated. If you have not received your activation email, please enter your email address below to resend the email", no matter how many times I have tried to activate this, I do not receive an email.

2.When I try to navigate to the support center and attempt to use the forum as suggested, the link does not take me there, but to the "Resend activation" page.

3. Also, when writing this message I am asked above to “select product” from what appears to be a none existent drop down list, I hope this doesn’t affect the email reaching the right place too much.

I have purchased Autodesk products in 2009, and downloaded "Autodesk Maya" and "Autodesk Softimage" in the past year, without a problem.

Due to illness I am working into the summer and continuing with University work late, and this is my reasoning for my rush.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Alexander"

Look forward to hearing from the forum.

Tags (1)
39 REPLIES 39
Message 2 of 40
hashim.mundol
in reply to: Gargettalex

Please login to students.autodesk.com 

then look for the software downloads within the portal, Direct link from Google might give issues with Login.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 40
dbrandtllc

I am experiencing the exact same problem.

I have yet to find a solution, and it is rather frustrating.

I have sent in one support tiket with no reply, and I have tried the above solution with no success.

Any other advice?

Message 4 of 40
Paul.Szuflita

I have exactly the same problem.

I cannot look at any page on the student subdomain other that "Resend Activation Email"

Message 5 of 40
a.westle

Same here, keep on getting redirected.

Message 6 of 40
contato

Hi! I have the same problem... I need to download maya 2011. Always go to "Resend Activation Email". How to solve this?

Thanks.

Message 7 of 40
taranimator

Download through FB to get a serial # and product key.

Install the 30-day trial.

On launch, try activating your licence. 

It gave me a ton of errors but then it WORKED!!! Praise the heavens.

I hope this works for you!

Smiley Very Happy

Tara

Message 8 of 40
a.westle
in reply to: taranimator

how do you download thru facebook?

Message 9 of 40
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: a.westle

Hi:

When you log-in to your facebook account, you may search for  "Autodesk Students", click on the "Like" button. Then, you may click on "free Software" tab as per attached screen shot and be able to download.

Thanks!

Arlin Bibat
Message 10 of 40
philip.s

Hi Alexander,

Please note that the Education Community site error looping users through a "resend activation prompt" has been resolved, and you should now be able to access your student benefits via the link below.

http://students.autodesk.com/

If for any reason you're still having issues requesting a Mudbox license or navigating to the download page, please PM me your login info and I'll gladly troubleshoot.

Message 11 of 40
tdonovan
in reply to: philip.s

I just wanted to say thank you for the excellent customer service I got from Autodesk this weekend. I really, really appreciate it. I'm glad that looping error is resolved.  Thanks, guys! 

Smiley Happy

Tara Donovan

George Brown College Game Development Department

Message 12 of 40
in reply to: tdonovan

Hi,

I know this thread is old, but I have the same problem as described in the initial post by Gargettalex :

1. I am told "Your account has not yet been activated. If you have not received your activation email, please enter your email address below to resend the email", no matter how many times I have tried to activate this, I do not receive an email.

2.When I try to navigate to the support center and attempt to use the forum as suggested, the link does not take me there, but to the "Resend activation" page.

Is it possible that the issue has come back?

Message 13 of 40
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: 200960229

Hi 200960229,

Do Private Message me your email address and complete name as we were not able to pull up any information in our system using 200960229

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 14 of 40
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

To give everyone an update, the issue is now closed.

The account was manually activated by Joane Bonghanoy and everything works just fine now.

Thank you for the great support, especially for your efficiency. In a few hours everything was solved!

Message 15 of 40
jkf2275

I am having the same issue myself. Everything keeps looping back to the "account not activated, please resend email" screen even though I am clearly logged in. I CAN get past this on my wife's computer but unfortunately don't want to put the software on that computer.

My account seems to be activated, I followed the initial email and can log-in but cant get past the "account not activated" loop.

Please help

Message 16 of 40
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: jkf2275

Hi jkf2275:

Please send me your email address and user ID through private message (envelope next to your account name at the top of this page).

Thanks!

Arlin Bibat
Message 17 of 40
gold_buddah

no the  error has NOT  been resolved as i have been experienceing this problem for months !!!! i thought it would be fixed but apparently not ....its the only thing the site is letting me see or do PLEAsE HELP THIS IS RIDICULOUS i just want to start to learn max design and auto cad all that stuff why wont u let me?!

😞

Message 18 of 40

I am having the same problem. Have been trying to download 3ds max and it keeps on looping me to the same reply. Can someone help?

Message 19 of 40
anasuina
in reply to: philip.s

Hi, could you hepl me, I still have the same problem: Your account has not yet been activated.  If you have not received your activation email, please enter your email address below to resend the email... I never get the email..T T

Message 20 of 40
philip.s
in reply to: anasuina

Hello Elizaveta and Yao,

Not sure if this is still needed but I made the necessary adjustments to your account which would resolve the activation looping issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report