Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard drive crashed and I have to reinstall on a new computer, quick question.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
534 Views, 5 Replies

Hard drive crashed and I have to reinstall on a new computer, quick question.

So the hard drive crashed on my old work computer. I have a new computer and I need to transfer AutoCAD to the new computer. I'm assuming I use the original disk and serial number to reinstall on the new computer? I'm also curious about which license agreement we have. I thought maybe I could find a customer service number to call to get this information but after searching the site for half an hour, nada. Anyone know how I could get this information?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
simona.golisciano
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello moniker,

Welcome to our forums.

Yes, you can use the original disk and serial number to reinstall the software. You'll then be prompted to get a new activation code. If you have reached the maximum number of online activations, or if your license was automatically upgraded to a later version (through Subscription), you might get an error message. In that case, please contact our Registration & Activation team. They'll help you activate the product. Use the Contact Us form and select "Activation and Registration".

Regarding the License Agreement, please visit this page:

Software License Agreements

You'll be able to download the license agreement for your poduct and version.

Regards.

Simona Golisciano
Message 3 of 6
pendean

Why are you worried about your license agreement? I'm curious.
Install AutoCAD on the new PC, enter the serial number, when you start it for the first time proceed with the authorization process. If there is an issue, post back with a screenshot of the error.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

License agreement was a poor choice of words. I am curious which license we have; whether stand alone, multi seat, or network.
Message 5 of 6
pendean

OK, that makes more sense, but it should not affect your installation: Do you have a product box, or a download/emailed information?
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I just got the product box this morning (it was at our parent company). I'll be re-installing within the next hour. I'm not too worried about the installation, I'm just curious as to what our abilities will be such as how many computers can we install this on, can we network, etc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report