Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Thin Client and Maya 2012

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
karthik.sankaran
574 Views, 5 Replies

HP Thin Client and Maya 2012

Hi,

I am having issues with the perfomance in Maya 2012 64 bit under thin client when compared to standalone workstation. I have HP Thin clients connected to HP Blade ProLiant WS460c G6 Workstation running Windows 7 64 bit. Rendering takes long hours compared to same config running in stand alone machine. Is thin client supported for Maya 2012 on windows 7 platform?

Regards,

Karthik

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

No.  Thin-Client on Windows is not supported.  We have a detailed workflow for Linux.  Are you able to log a case with Product Support?

David Lau
Message 3 of 6

Our IT team claims that they are not doing any virtualization here so no problem with the thin client. They are using thin client one to one connection with workstation using HP Remote Graphics software. We tested both on thin client and standalone but standalone performance was much better than than thin client. For security reasons they are using thin client. Is there any documents online to prove its not supported on windows platform because thin client manufacturer claim its not thin client issue.

Regards,

Karthik

Message 4 of 6

Thin clients aren't supported because it violates the license agreement and is not a tested environment for support.  Installing and running the software on a thin client on a server over a network violates the EULA.  The documentation is in your EULA. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6

If thats the case then I will bring in Autodesk support into picture to resolve this directly because thin clients manufacturer claim that they have done similar solution which was supported by Autodesk.

Message 6 of 6

Certain products have the ability to setup thin-client.  They are mainly in the M&E area.  It has been tested in a Linux environment only.

Can you send me an internal email via dicussions group (letter icon) beside your login with your phone number and/or personal email?

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report