Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!! How to get 30 days free trial from student version?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jay2836
776 Views, 6 Replies

HELP!!! How to get 30 days free trial from student version?

Hi everyone

I have installed student version couple days. Now I decide to use trial version. But the pop window which asks me serial number apperas all the time.

Any one has good idea how to stop student version? Thanks!

Jay

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
philip.s
in reply to: jay2836

Hello jie,

The student and trial software is exactly the same, and only becomes different (student version carries a watermark) once activated with a student license / serial number.

When you open the program and are prompted to activate,  are you also given the option to continue in trial mode?

Message 3 of 7
jay2836
in reply to: philip.s

Hi Philip

The problem is no such a prompted window shows up to ask me continue trial mode.

I only can see the window ask me to enter serial number. 

Jay

Message 4 of 7
philip.s

Thanks for confirming Jay.

When you installed the software, did you do so as a trial or a standalone license (with your student license credentials). Have you tried uninstalling / reinstalling? Is there a reason why you don't want to activate the software with your student license?

Message 5 of 7
jay2836

When first time I installed softway, I used student version license to active.

I have tried uninstalled and reinstalled couples times, still not wroking.

Because of the waterprint, I am going to buy formal version later. Before that, I need to draw something first and show the work to my boss. That is the reason why I want to stop using student version. Thanks!

Message 6 of 7
philip.s

Hi Jay,

So the issue here would be that once you activate the product with a student license, you're unable to revert back to a trial mode. Additionally we do not have a supported method of extending an expired trial. If you simply need to show a drawing to your boss, have you considered taking a screen shot of the model or plot preview?

Message 7 of 7
jay2836

It looks no other way to get trial version back. Thank you for your help and suggestion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report