Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Cant download 3DS Max 2014

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dttv94
335 Views, 2 Replies

HELP! Cant download 3DS Max 2014

Hi there. Before Christmas I had been working in 3DS Max 2013 Student at home, as that is what we had been using in college up to that point. However we upgraded to 2014 in college which means that I have to upgrade to 2014 Student at home as well. the problem is that whenever I tried downloading before using the "Install Now" button, the program said that Monitor.exe was running and would have to be closed to continue. I looked this up and mostly the solutions were to end the task in task manager. After this, when the download started my computer would go to the Blue Screen of Death. Every time, without fail even when I canceled the download. I am guessing the problem is to do with Monitor.exe. I then tried to download using the Download manager but ran into another problem. The download stops after a while, just jumps to 0b/s and stays there. tried it 3 times now. Finally when I tried to download using the browser download it worked until I tried to install it and I just got an error message saying that the files were corrupt. i have been trying to get 2014 to work for ages and and I am at my wits end, I really need it to work in order to get my college work done. I hope you guys can help me, any and all help is greatly appreciated!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: dttv94

I would recommend that you try downloading your product using the virtual assistant by following the directions here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
dttv94
in reply to: dttv94

I actually finally managed to resolve this problem by finding the program that contained Monitor.exe which turned out to be an unused mouse driver. I removed the driver software and restarted my computer and the download and installation went fine. Problem solved!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report