Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Cant Install new Revit! Cant unistall Old Revit!

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
victorarquiteto
932 Views, 10 Replies

HELP! Cant Install new Revit! Cant unistall Old Revit!

I Have Ravit Architecture 2014 Trial installed on my computer.

I acidentally deleated my Revit installed Folder.

How can I Unistall the rest of the thing off my sistem now?

Tring to install Educational version but cant cause its already installed.

Can I FORCE UNISTALL it? how?

VICTOR HUGO

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
philip.s
in reply to: victorarquiteto

Welcome to the community Victor!

Did you also look in your Control Panel -> Add / Remove Programs? If it's not there try running Microsoft Fix-it and let us know if that resolves it 🙂

Message 3 of 11

its there! Thats the problem. Its there and i cant REMOVE IT. when i try to change/unistall it, it runs forever and don´t do a thing. Its like its looking for the unistaller and not finding it. takes forever and do nothing. The registry is still full of data, the program is installed, but the folder is gone.

VICTOR HUGO

Message 4 of 11

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autodesk products, see this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 11

Hey. Thx for the link i will unistalled all Autodesk Programs normally. But, as i cant unistall Revit, cause windows just get the machine loading the unistaller forever and never stop. What do i do? I can just go direcly to the registry and go forward leaving the rest of the program installed? cause i cant unistall it, it dont move.

I am afraid of never be able to install revit again. IT is not unistalling tru the normall Controll Panel, programs, remove...

VICTOR HUGO

Message 6 of 11

Yank the reg keys, then delete the folder locations.  See if Control Panel will then remove the app.  If not, remove the registration of it from the reg also.  It's doable, just takes some leg work.  Surgical removal is never fun.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 11

crap found another issue.

Finally! You did it! You guide me to sucessesfully unistall the **** thing. Its finally gone from the registry, folders, and the windows programs manager. its finally gone.

BUT!!

Trying to install again and the installer says that REVIT IS ALREADY INSTALED when its not... I made an screenshot.

I will try to redo everything while you think of something.

VICTOR HUGO

Message 8 of 11

Run the Fix-it from Microsoft now.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

The old fix below will work, but you will have a 99% chance of getting a 1402 registry error on reinstall.  It's fixable too.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Microsoft-Installer-Clean-Up-Utility-for-Add-Re...

Use at your own risk!

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 11

Done, but getting a new thing now...

Tryed the first link. It crashed when trying to resolve Revit 2014 issue for 5 hours, finally i force shut down and when the pc commed back on. ITs finally gone, and i am able to install now.

Downloaded the the REVIT again, was able to install now (thank god), but then, unfortunatly, for the third time in a row now, takes forever to prepare Revit content (last time waited a full hour without progressing anybit). Strange. The thing is i need to cancell cause its taking forever.

How do i resume instalation?

cause wen i try to use the SETUP to resume, it shows an COMMUNICATION ERROR saying that something is corrupt, or conection to the site is broke, or anything. What i did was DOWNLOAD AGAIN, start again, but now in a diferent point, it stops and shows the same thing: "PREPARE REVIT CONTENT" and its not moving again. 3 times now. all in diferent points of the instalation...

You recomend trying to rip the role thing off again? cause i cant RESUME INSTALATION, it gets me an communication error every time its not a fresh instalation. I printed the screen for you.

Matbe i shoud have tryed second link (older MS tool) to rip revit off.

I am ready to try anything else you advise other than format the role machine. What can you recomend me now? (cause untill now i am a step by step closer to be done thx to you, your advises worked so far, now we are close to finish)

what do i do?

1- ripping the role thing again,

2- lear how to propper resume the instalation to not have to start again everytime.

3- new ideas.

VICTOR HUGO

Message 10 of 11

Just got it installed. WORKED BEATIFULLY. Thx alot man. I got from a locked unreparable situation to a fresh start because of you. after ripping everything out again, the instalation was finish unbuged.

I really ecomend you fix an issue to REVIT 2014 EDUCATIONAL DOWNLOADED INSTALATION:

When the instalation get to MANAGING REVIT CONTENT it seems like it is stuck, but you really have to wait. i downloaded 1.6 gb in 3 minuts with an 15mb/sec internet, and when i get to MANAGING REVIT CONTENT, it taked ONE AND A HALF HOUR, but it finished. so if you dont have an really good internet connection, it may takes 3-4 hours seems STUCK, but the thing is working.

I am saying this because on the forums i have seem the same issue everywere! I prionted for you. Taked me one and a half hour with 15mb/sec!!!!

VICTOR HUGO

Message 11 of 11

Glad you're running. As for the time required for a Revit installation,
I've seen it take over 8 hours.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report