Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting more cascadeinfo.cas licence problems since changing FLEXLM_TIMEOUT

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mike.burke
1491 Views, 3 Replies

Getting more cascadeinfo.cas licence problems since changing FLEXLM_TIMEOUT

A couple weeks ago we updated every workstation FLEXLM_TIMEOUT value from 1000000 to 2000000. This was done as we have some offices mainly in South East Asia that we were having issues obtaining Revit licences during the busiest time of the day. Occasionly this licence timeout happens in our other APAC offices as well during this period of the day.

Changing FLEXLM_TIMEOUT to the value to 2000000 has resloved the licence timeout issue, but now I think there's a new and possibly related issue.

Up until the change in FLEXLM_TIMEOUT, I had seen a few cases where cascadeinfo.cas had been corrupted (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13744786&linkID=9243099), mainly on Revit 2010 products. Since the change the to FLEXLM_TIMEOUT's value, I am now seeing daily issues where a few users right across our APAC offices get this cascadeinfo.cas problem on 2011 based AutoCAD products as well as Revit 2010.

Has anyone else seen this? Are they related, or is it just bad timing? I'm seriously thinking of reverting FLEXLM_TIMEOUT back to 1000000 to see if the cascadeinfo.cas problem goes away.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
andrewf
in reply to: mike.burke

I'd be fairly surprised if these two things were related.  I've been using a value of 1000000000 nationwide and this hasn't caused any issues like what you are describing.  What has happened since you posted this message?  Did you find any other commonalities among users with the cascadeinfo.cas issue?

Message 3 of 4
mike.burke
in reply to: andrewf

I did end up changing the value back to 1000000, and the corruption of cascacdeinfo.cas continues (mainly for Revit 2010 users, occasionly Revit 2011). So no, I do not think it is related anymore.

Message 4 of 4
andrewf
in reply to: mike.burke

I wonder if the users with this issue are having difficulty closing their session of AutoCAD/Revit/Navis.

Every time that I've had to delete casecadeinfo.cas it is after the application crashed or got hung up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report