Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a lic file from AutoDesk is pathetic joke

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cworrall
396 Views, 4 Replies

Getting a lic file from AutoDesk is pathetic joke

Getting a new license file with AutoDesk is a huge pain in the A$$  Everytime I add a new product I have to wait on the phone to get it.  I have gone to their site and activated it and according to the instructions it is supposed to as you the server name, etc then it will email you a .lic file.  What a joke. I followed the instructions to the T,  When you get to the point it's supposed to ask you for information about your server and type of installation, nothing shows up.  Complete joke.  Never have this long drawn out process for ANY Bentley product.  No wonder my techs laugh when they have to use an Autodesk product.  Upgrading is a joke.   Now I have to sit on hold to talk to some distant call center to get a new lic file.  I also have to repeat every single serial number and for every product I own so I can get things to work on our distributed server.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: cworrall

I am sorry that you have such a bad experience.  I never seem to have a problem getting a license file.  Perhaps you should try another browser or compatibility mode for the online registration.  You can also contact your Reseller and they can work on the license file for you and get it to you so that you don't have to.  Just a thought.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
jessica.t

Apologies for your troubles in obtaining a license file, @cworrall. If at anytime you need direct customer assistance you can also reach the Activation and Registration department through our Contact Us page:

1.    Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2.    Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance.

And thank you for your suggestions, @TravisNave! It is possible that there was a compatibility issue as we haven't received other reports of problems with the site. Clearing your cookies and cache may also help. Again, so sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. We're here if you have any other questions or concerns.

Jessica Thrasher
Message 4 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: jessica.t

This is what I have been sending to customers when a case in generated:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/11/quick-start-setting-up-a-license-server.html

or this...

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/05/general-licensing-getting-an-activation-code-manu...

Both blog posts contain info above as well.

David Lau
Message 5 of 5
support4QZ6U

I 1000% agree with you...

even now after  5 years.. in 2019.. they have not changed..

Their licensing issuing process gives your blood pressure a huge rise just close enough not to killl you.. so that they can repeat the same on next purchase... they will be killing their FUN.. buy killing you... so they just tightens till you CRY... not DIE...

The world where you can transfer money from one mobile number to another mobile number in few seconds

Autodesk prefers to HARASS its customers... and the support is even worse...

every time you call.. they will keep you on hold... cater to another customer... and will come back after 5 min.. Oh!!.. i got your order details it Under Review.. WHAT REVIEW??  Internal Review... Yeah!! YEAH!!... they are trying to check spelling mistakes...

After 12 hours you call.. OH!!... you order is with are FRAUD Department.. YUP.. They have a FRAUD department... AS FRAUD AS THEIR LICENSING DEPARTMENT.. REVIEW DEPARTMENT....,

They say sometimes it takes 48 Hours to release licenses...

Wait a Min... 48 Hours... YES... '

On top of it... it Dosent matters.. a week ago you purchased licenses.... from same Account.... with Same Name... with Same Credit Card... with Same details....

Their FRAUD department... Internal Review Department..... Dosent have any details of the customer... nor does previous purchase.. or They are so FRAUD... that they dont even try to check the Client History...

When you login into your account.. you click purchase... add something into your cart... their SHOPPING CARD.. again ask for

ENTER you email..

Again enter your EMail id to verify...

Enter your password...

Again enter your Password to verify...

when you want to search your Order... That is never in YOUR ACCOUNT.... till it gets delivered... You cannot track it... If you search for it... it asks for the password you entered to order it... which is your account password....

you will never get any details... whether you reach on Phone.. Chat... Email... Only one reply you will get..

ITS UNDER REVIEW...

Further more...  IS our data compromised too??...

the day I ordered Autodesk Revit licenses..

Next day.. I got a call from 3D Sketchup Pro by Trumble's, (I HAD NEVER HEARD OF THIS SOFTWARE OF COMPANY EARLIER) Anti Piracy team calming that  they have solid evidence that we are using their software illegally and they had exact number of systems on which we have installed it illegally... surprisingly... it was the same number of which I have purchased Revit licenses a day prior to it. they were not able to produce even a single evidence that indicated that we were using their pathetic software..

DO THE MATH...

I buy Revit subscription : $290 @Month and Pirate a software $119 @Year

That Agent.. started threatening me with legal consequences, and started sending threatening emails to all the ID's we have on our website.

Finally I had to block Trumble domain on my SPAM filter and Brought in my Legal team. Only then that person stopped sending us those threatening SPAM.

I didnt approach any other vendor.. I just procured Revit directly from Autodesk portal, How come that exact number reached Trumble and they came knocking on my door.. I never heard of This software & the company name before he called me.

Is this 3D Industry so BAD, that now they are established and they can do what ever they want...

Mind it... BIG BIG companies thought that too..

NOKIA, Blackberry... once they ruled.. selling phones so costly and ripping money off people...

The then Android came.. Noe there is  No NOKIA.. NO BlackBerry...

Just giving you headsup... if you do not change... someone will come and swipe you off.. you are not building loyalty here by offering good services or value for money. people will part as soon as they get an options.. dont be too arrogant and stubborn and think you are irreplaceable.. Nothing is..

Thanks..

but What for??

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report