Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Student software question

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
fprico
1081 Views, 12 Replies

Free Student software question

Hi,

I have some doubts with the free student software, For the moment I am studying in a faculty but it will come the time I will complete my studies. When this happens will it be possible to continue using the software for my own personal learning.

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
DarrenP
in reply to: fprico

no

if your no longer a student or part of the faculty you shouldn't be using it anymore

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 13
fprico
in reply to: DarrenP

So no place for personal learning or practice?, not talking about comercial use here.

Message 4 of 13
jessica.t

Hi @fprico,

Is there anyway you can enroll in a local community college class? Please see our article on who is eligible to join the Education Community for further information. The Education Community Terms of Use maybe also be helpful. If you have further questions please let us know. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 13
fprico
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi Jessica,

I am actually enrolled in a university also I am participating in autodesk beta feedback. I was wondering if after completing my studys I will be able to use the student software for personal learning, practice or to perfect myself, of course not for commercial use.

Thanks.

Fernando.

Message 6 of 13
jessica.t

Your use of free software from the Education Community must fit the criteria I've listed above. Please use your best judgement. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

Dear,

I have same problem. Can I student version AutoCAD change to AutoCAD with standard licence?

Best Regards,

Nebojsa Delibasic

Message 8 of 13
jessica.t
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

There is no upgrade path from the free educational version to a paid commercial version of AutoCAD. You will need to purchase a new license when you're ready. Let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous

Ok, 

When I reinstall AutoCad, and agin instal, not required to enter a license. Computer recognizes student version Auto. How resolve this?

Best Regards,

Nebojsa Delibasic 

Message 10 of 13
camilo.lemos

Hi Nebojsa,

If you already have a commercial serial number, you can open the program, go to Help > About AutoCAD > Product Information > Click on Update next to the Serial Number field to enter the new serial number.

Let me know if this works for you!

Camilo Lemos

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Thanks, very much. Now is working.

Best regards!

Message 12 of 13
camilo.lemos

You're welcome, @Anonymous !

Camilo Lemos

Message 13 of 13
yasemintekin593689

(sorry for bad english)

i was using free student softwares (autocad and 3ds max) for one year, than i had to format my laptop and softwares are gone. now i'm trying to set up them again but i can't. it look like downloading for couple hours but in the end, there is nothing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report