Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flow Design multi accounts

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
architectureit
270 Views, 3 Replies

Flow Design multi accounts

Hi I run a computer lab at University and we need to start using Flow Design. The problem I'm encounting apart from the fact Autodesk don't supply standard installers for this software, is that multiple users cant seem to use the same install. I.E, to down load the installer I had to use my ID, this emailed me a 3 year lic which I activated. When the software insalled I could use it by loggin in with my ID. All good. However if a student wishes to use it, they have to apply for the 3 year lic, activate then try login, however everytime they login FlowDesign reports that this account isn't valid to use this software. Even though the've got an email confirmation that they have an active license. To get it to work I have to uninstall the software, then get the student to download and install then it works with there accounts. Now I've only tried this with one student, so it could just be an issue with their account. Just to check is this a limitation? Does the same user that wishes to use the software need to do the install or can multi users with activated accounts use other users installs? Sounds complicated but maybe someone can throw some light on the issue.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
asburyj
in reply to: architectureit

Activations for standalone products are per computer not per user so you cannot activate two different people's standalone licenses for the same product on the same system simaltaniously

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 4
architectureit
in reply to: asburyj

Hi thanks for the reply, sorry for not getting back sooner. I need this clarifying. If I activate on installation on one PC, can multiple people use the software? If that's true why do users need to associate it with their account? That implies user activation as you must login with your autodesk360 to get the software working. Sorry I probably missing something.
Message 4 of 4
asburyj
in reply to: architectureit

The wording for standalone licneses is this 

"A stand-alone license supports one or more Autodesk products for an individual user and computer. " 

So multiple users on one computer is a violation of the license agreement. If you are having multiple users access the software is sounds like you want a network license. You can find the full wording at the site linked below.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=18270103 

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report