Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexnet causing "Black Screen"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
T-Button
299 Views, 2 Replies

Flexnet causing "Black Screen"

I have been having a "black screen" crashing issue with my computer for a while now after a lot of research there were suggestions for new graphics cards and motherboards, I know that isn't the issue. Recently I found that a "clean boot" would help to determine if a program I had running was a problem, sure enough I narrowed down the results to the Flexnet licensing service. When ever it is running my computer will crash regardless to what programs I am using, from my autodesk products, adobe products or even web browsers. My screen randomly goes black while sound continues in the background until it eventually glitches but the computer still runs.

Is there a solution to this that will fix flexnet?

I am running windows 7 64-bit, I've been using Revit 2012, but I have tried Revit 2014 and its the same problem. I don't know if this informatino helps or not but I do know that both the adobe and autodesk products are using flexnet for licensure and I cant run them without it.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
T-Button
in reply to: T-Button

Ok, so I am exploring other options. I tried uninstalling software and reinstalling, but still contnued to crash. I tried updating my nvidia driver, still crashed. I just updated my BIOS, which apparently hadn't been updated since I purchased my laptop, so far there are no crashes, but i still need time to test, hopefully this resolves this issue, don't know how running flexnet had anything to do with it though.

Message 3 of 3
T-Button
in reply to: T-Button

well, sure enough after typing my last message my computer crashed again. Any suggestions would be nice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report