Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexnet Licensing error -15,570 after reinstallation on same PC

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cdsevere
515 Views, 1 Reply

Flexnet Licensing error -15,570 after reinstallation on same PC

I had our Facilities manager Autodesk Factory Design Suite Premium 2012 completely reinstalled as he had a HDD crash (OS not physical disk damage)

I had done a complete reimage on a new drive however before I did that, I made sure to backup his license file.

I have done all the steps that I thought are corect.

One thing is a little different - we have the sofware license as a network license, however the LMTools server is the same as his machine - bbasically pointing back at itself. This was setup this way well before I started but worked flawlessly.

Now, I had gone and done everything and it looked OK. The first time I ran LMTools and set it all up, the server started, license file read, all good. He used it for a few days then it began kicking back out.

Now I am stuck in that "unable to find server" error. When i try to reread the license file, it fails then tells me the LMGRD.exe isnt running.

I have tried the following per prior posts on this

- tested the ports by going to http://hostname port (27000 and 2080). worked fine.

- cleared winsock and rebooted

- confirmed PC HOSTNAME mached license file

- turned off IPv6

- manually added the PC IP/NAME into the hosts file (Yes the IP on this machine is static). this is redundant but shouldnt hurt

- removed and reinstalled LMTOOLS from the AutoDesk USB

I have the machione now and copied off the appririate files too.

I am just not sure what is happening.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: cdsevere

If LMTOOLS is on the same machine, then open it and make sure it is configured and running as a service and that the status enquiry shows that it is running with available licenses.  Also, you should 127.0.0.1 his hostname in the hosts files so that it also works if offline or disconnected.

For a Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager, please see my post for further information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p/3...

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report