Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexnet License error -97,121

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
tpw45
4298 Views, 12 Replies

Flexnet License error -97,121

I am trying to figure out why i am having this license issue. i looked at my license file and noticed the date is 12-aug-2012. Does this mean my license has expired? What do i need to do to fix this? Below is the full message that comes up when i do Perform Status Enquiry in my LMTOOLS.

Status
--------
Flexible License Manager status on Mon 8/13/2012 14:21

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
License server status: 27000@PAUL
License file(s) on PAUL: C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk Network License Manager\License\Paul.lic:

PAUL: license server UP v11.4

Vendor daemon status (on Paul):

adskflex: The desired vendor daemon is down.
Check the lmgrd log file, or try lmreread.
Vendor:Host: PAUL
License path: 27000@PAUL;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-97,121
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing End User Guide,
available at "www.macrovision.com".

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
TravisNave
in reply to: tpw45

It was likely issued on that date, unless it specifically says expiration.  But most are permanent. 

Has anything changed, like motherboard, Network card, etc?  Is this a virtual server?  Please provide all necessary details.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 13
tpw45
in reply to: TravisNave

no change on any of that. im not sure what you mean by virtual but this is on a laptop and is the only system using it. the laptop was setup by another person. even though no one else uses autocad except me the version they bought is a network version. i have to start the server which is on this laptop first then open acad which is also on this laptop before i can run acad. before working here i had never even seen lmtools or server startup. did this answer the questions you asked? will i need to acquire another license or what options do i have.

Message 4 of 13
TravisNave

If you did not buy the AutoCAD that came on someone else's laptop, then that violates the license agreement.  Licenses cannot be transferred to another owner. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 13
tpw45

the program was purchased by the company i work for and used by a draftsman that was here before me using this laptop. He recently passed away and i was hired as the new draftsman and am using the same laptop since the programs were already loaded and setup on this laptop. Im just not sure how to fix this but need to hurry because i already lost one full day of work and today is starting the second.

Message 6 of 13
DarrenP

something changed on the computer: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13587543&linkID=12544120

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 13
TravisNave

With laptops, the licensing can change if any of the network hardware changes or is disabled. It's possible that the license was created for the MAC address of the WiFi or the BlueTooth, or even a docking station.  If any of these are disabled, of if the physical NIC is disabled by power saving, then it will break your licensing.  Make sure all of these are enabled and try again. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 13
tpw45
in reply to: DarrenP

everything checks out on the new license file. ethernet address matches. i tried changing the path to the license file (since the folder where the original license file was located is protected and says i dont have permissions to save to the location and i cant get the permissions to change) but that still didnt work. i dont know what to do now. 

Message 9 of 13
TravisNave

Sounds like to me that you don't have the appropriate admin privileges on your machine. You shouldn't have any issues configuring the NLM at all.  Since you need elevated rights to make changes to services, this is a necessity with network licensing. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 13
tpw45

as far as network licensing this is the first time ive even seen it. all the other versions of cad i have used have been stand alone. the user id on the comp is the one the previous guy had set up and he was the administrator. i have not created a new user for myself and was logging in under his password so i assumed i had administrator privileges when logging in that way. apparently i was wrong. how can i get into the administrative privileges? 

Message 11 of 13
DarrenP

you would have to ask your IT dept for admin access

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 12 of 13
tpw45

i dont know what happened but i went back in and changed the license path and now it is working. thanks for all your help.

Message 13 of 13
tpw45

problem is i am the IT dept. at our office we have a secretary, the 2 owners who go out on jobs and do bids then theres me. i have to fix comp problems, printer problems, do safety, drafting and anything else that comes up. really small company. thanks for all your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report