Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
kadeking
705 Views, 2 Replies

Flexlm crashing

I have a client that is setting up a new server. They installed the version of Flexlm from their Revit 8 cd and configured it. But it's getting the error "System 10035 winsock operation would block" (something like that). Something that I haven't seen before is that if you try to choose the System Settings tab it crashes Flexlm. I thought maybe the Flexlm had been corrupted or needed to be reinstalled. But they tried uninstalling and installing it again and it still does the same thing.

I've been trying to come up with something else to try, he is currently checking the ports. But, I was wondering if anyone knows any Windows 2003 Server settings that could cause a problem? This is a brand new server with standard defaults set on the Windows 2003 Server operating system. Maybe there is a security setting of some kind that is causing a problem.

Thanks,

KaDe King
L.A. CAD
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: kadeking

Okay, first of all check your debug.log file. It may contain some information as to what is going on. Make sure your LMTOOLS is configured correctly and set to use services and startup on Windows start. Both checkmarks must be checked. Save the service.

Ensure that your license file matches your hardware information. And also make sure there isn't a firewall or other port blocking software for ports 27000 or 2080. You can use 'netstat -a' at a command prompt to determine if these ports are listening.

Winsock error 10035 is usually just a temporary problem. Shouldn't be hard to fix once we narrow down what is causing it. You can post your debug.log file here to be checked if you prefer.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: kadeking

the problem stems from not specifying a location for the log file to be written.

Fix that and you fix your problem

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report