Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexlm Problem - Vault 2013 Server

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
cbenner
3129 Views, 12 Replies

Flexlm Problem - Vault 2013 Server

adskflex: The desired vendor daemon is down.

Help?  I have no idea what this means, Flex web site is nothing more than a big advertisement for their products.  This all worked yesterday until someone decided to change the server name.  We've changed it everywhere it needed to be changed, but I still get this error message.  This is Vault 2013 License server.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
TravisNave
in reply to: cbenner

If you changed the server name, you need to also change the name in the license .lic file as well.  That will generally work so long as the MAC address hasn't also changed.  If so, you will need a new license file generated.  Once it matches, your license manager can be restarted and will work as expected.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 13
cbenner
in reply to: TravisNave

That is what I thought too.  We did change that info... everywhere we could find it.  I did get a new license file downloaded, and anything else that pointed to the old server name has ben updates.  It just won't fire up.  Should I try a repair or re-install of the server software?

I'll double check the MAC, but I'm pretty sure it's the same.

Message 4 of 13
DarrenP

i would try starting/stopping the license manager

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 13
TravisNave

Right.  Stop and start it again and check the server status enquiry.  You might even post your debug log file here.  If nothing else changed but the server hostname and it was working before the name change, then it should be an easy fix.  Just keep in mind that you cannot modify the .LIC file except for changing the hostname and in some instances, the port numbers.  If you got a new LIC file, make sure the config services tab reflects that.  Save the service and start it.  Let us know what the result is.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 13
cbenner

I think I know what I did wrong, now the question is how to fix it.  Before I knew you could edit the license file and change the HOST name and MAC address.... I downloaded a new license file with the new host name.  There are now 2 license files for the same product, and I think it is confused.

lic1.JPG

lic2.JPG

All this because someone decided they didn't like the server name.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 13
TravisNave

Go into the Config Services tab and delete your FlexLM Service 1 (or whatever your Autodesk service is named) and recreate it with the correct license file that matches the data on your System Settings tab.  Save and relaunch it.  Worst case, you might need another new .LIC file again.

Keep me posted.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 13
cbenner

Same result... this is from the log file:

11:22:55 (lmgrd) License file(s): C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\VLTM2013enlicense.lic
11:22:55 (lmgrd) lmgrd tcp-port 27000
11:22:55 (lmgrd) Starting vendor daemons ...
11:22:55 (lmgrd) Starting vendor daemon at port 2080
11:22:55 (lmgrd) Using vendor daemon port 2080 specified in license file
11:22:55 (lmgrd) Started adskflex (pid 2944)
11:22:55 (adskflex) Invalid license key (inconsistent authentication code)
11:22:55 (adskflex)  ==>INCREMENT 85987VLTM_2013_0F adskflex 1.000 permanent 4 \
 VENDOR_STRING=commercial:permanent SUPERSEDE \
 ISSUED=31-May-2012 SN=xxx-xxxxxxxx SIGN="1BAC 2CE7 107C 26D7 \
 BA46 9788 681B 9674 07A3 8946 3E9A 4E2D 5951 B3EE 3608 12B8 \
 AEBD B12B D98F 5FD5 75CB 3641 9B8D 1270 4A0D BAFE BBD9 A824 \
 B298 38C4" SIGN2="159A D485 0DC4 0BFF 707B 3A82 FF35 DD75 2449 \
 3271 A626 2F1F 8E69 C9B1 C4A4 1DF0 C292 633A FF3F A0A1 3813 \
 10C8 8902 B88B 94A8 9E3C B572 4A7A F7B7 2C66"
11:22:55 (adskflex) License server system started on cadvault
11:22:55 (adskflex) No features to serve, exiting
11:22:55 (adskflex) EXITING DUE TO SIGNAL 27 Exit reason 4
11:22:58 (lmgrd) adskflex exited with status 27 (No features to serve)
11:22:58 (lmgrd) adskflex daemon found no features.  Please correct
11:22:58 (lmgrd) license file and re-start daemons.
11:22:58 (lmgrd)
11:22:58 (lmgrd) This may be due to the fact that you are using
11:22:58 (lmgrd) a different license file from the one you expect.
11:22:58 (lmgrd) Check to make sure that:
11:22:58 (lmgrd) C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\VLTM2013enlicense.lic
11:22:58 (lmgrd) is the license file you want to use.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 9 of 13
TravisNave

Yeah, the license file is corrupt.  It probably just needs to be recreated and then the service reconfigured. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 13
cbenner

I logged a service request... hopefully they can square this away while IT is working on un-ravelling the damage they did to the databases when they renamed the server.  I was sooooooo close to being operational.  Smiley Sad

Thatnks for all your advice Travis!

Message 11 of 13
TravisNave

Renaming a vault server is a nightmare and should never be done. It shouldn't really affect the SQL much and most of it can be solved with DNS and HOSTS redirects.  But man... what a bad decision. 

You can get your LIC file now by calling 1-800-551-1490 >1 >2 if you want to get that part working now.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 13 of 13
TravisNave

Excellent.  I hope the rest of your problems are easily solved as well.  Good luck!  Smiley Happy

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report