Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexLM keeps crashing

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
M.Minnen7348
4622 Views, 12 Replies

FlexLM keeps crashing

Hi,

Recently I installed the License Manager whihc comes with Inventor Sim. Suite 2011 on our server running Windows Server 2008 64 bit. For some reason the License Manager keeps crashing at random, the only way to resolve is to reboot the entire server which is not my idea of a good solution to this problem.

Apart from the random crashes over time, the License Manager crashes instantly when trying to get a license over a VPN connection.

After the crash the lof reads the following error:

Adskflex: Cannot read data from license server system.

The license server appears to be running, but is not responding. If this persists, notify the System Administrator.

(The license server manager (lmgrd) and vendor daemon processes

should be terminated and restarted.)

Hostname: xxx

License path: xxx

FLEXnet Licensing error: -16, 287

Stopping and starting the server from Lmtools result in the following error in the log:

Adskflex: Cannot connect to license server system.

The license server manager (lmgrd) has not been started yet,

the wrong prt@host or license file is being used, or the

port or hostname in the license file has been changed.

Hostname: xxx

License path: xxx

FLEXnet Licensing error: -15, 10. System Error: 10061 “Winsock: connection refused”

After a reboot of the server the License Manager runs fine for soe time, then crashes again.

- I checked if the required TCP ports (2080 and 27000-27009) are opened in the firewall and they are.

- I made sure the installationpath is shorter then 32 characters as that was listed as a possible cause here http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=2235&uid=swg21294897&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=en

I hope anyone can help me solves this issue as this is starting to interfere with our work.

Regards,

Marius

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
TravisNave
in reply to: M.Minnen7348

Interesting situation.  You might consider updating your NLM files to the latest 64-bit version here:

http://www.globes.com/support/fnp_utilities_download.htm

At the time of this post, the most current release is 11.9 for Windows x64. 

Also, I am attaching the 64-bit adskflex.exe (zipped) if you don't already have it.  Update all four .exe files and then restart your service.  You also might want to verify that the connection locally is being made via IPv4 instead of IPv6. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 13
M.Minnen7348
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for the link to the location for downloading the latest versions of FlexLM, that should be helpfull for future reference. I downloaded the files but did not install those yet.

For now I just disabled IPv6 support on the server side, so far no stange FlexLM crashes have occured anymore. But let's first see if it also survives the workweek 🙂

Regards Marius

Message 4 of 13
M.Minnen7348

Installing the newer version didn't resolve the issue. I reverted back to the License Manager of the 2009 version of Inventor and that solved the problem.

Message 5 of 13
aguitton116

Interesting solution. Is it stable ? One of my customer has the exact same issue and I'm looking for something for about 2 weeks !

Would you mind attach the files in a zip please, because I'm not sure I have them on me (I'm not at the office where the box of my 2009 licence is).

Message 6 of 13
M.Minnen7348
in reply to: aguitton116

Hi,

I have the files at the office as well, can ZIP hem tomorrow if that still is usefull to you.

The license manager has been running without problems since the time I made my last post in this thread. I'm running Inventor 2012 now from the same license manager.

But to elaborate on the problem. The reason I had trouble with my FlexLM was because another application we are using also uses the FlexLM license manager. So in this case there were 2 different versions of FlexLM installed on the same server which caused the (newer) license manager of Inventor to crash all the time.

I first tried copying just the Adskflex file to the folder where FlexLM installation used by the other application was installed and created a new service for Inventor, but I couldn't get that to work for some reason.

Finally I reverted back to the Inventor 2009 license manager which has the same version of FlexLM as the other application is using. This solved the problem for me.

Although I do believe that it is possible to just install any FlexLM and create services for all applications that use the FlexLM license manager from there provided you install the vendor supplied file (Adskflex or similar), I never got that to work so far unfortunatelly....

Regards,

Marius

Message 7 of 13
afif90

Travis..i also got a same problem...but my customer OS is 32bit..u got adskflex zip 32bit??can share it with me??

Thank You&Best Regards,
Autodesk Reseller Malaysia
Mohd Afif
Message 8 of 13
aguitton116

Hi Marius,

I'm still interested in your flex LM version. I will also check that there is no other program using Flex LM services but I'm quite sure that there isn't any.

Arnaud

Message 9 of 13
afif90

try fine the FlexFM yeah... 😃

Thank You&Best Regards,
Mohd Afif
Message 10 of 13
M.Minnen7348

Hi Arnaud,

I just tried zipping the file but it is to large to post here and split volumes are not allowed by this website. I could mail it to you of course.

Regards,

Marius

Message 11 of 13
afif90

send it to my email afif@gentech.com.my ...i nid adskflex 32bit W.server 2008

Thank You&Best Regards,
Mohd Afif
Message 12 of 13
aguitton116

You can mail it at :

aguittonATwindcadDOTcom

Thanks

Message 13 of 13
TravisNave
in reply to: afif90

The 32-bit ADSKFLEX.EXE for 2012 products and prior is attached here:

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report