Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexLM error code "valid licence could not be obtained" -5.4.1.2.0

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
David_Metcalf
2274 Views, 2 Replies

FlexLM error code "valid licence could not be obtained" -5.4.1.2.0

I can't easily find the meaning behind this error code -5.4.1.2.0 can anyone provide a link to this error code and the break down of each segment of the code? Autodesk ought to create a code finder or tranlator that lets the use type in the numbers in each field and get the results.

Thanks,

David

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: David_Metcalf

The relevant number is the -5 in this case, which essentially means that there is no licenses of this type that match your request.  That can be caused by one of a couple of reasons: 

1.  You are launching a product that you do not have a license for yet.  Perhaps you are launching 2011 but still only have 2010 licenses, for example.  Or you just installed Inventor, but you only have AutoCAD on the NLM. 

2.  The CascadeInfo.cas file is corrupt on the client.  If this is the case, simply rename the file and relaunch your application.  This is located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\AdLM in Windows XP or C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm in Windows Vista/Win 7. 

The Network License Manager is a 3rd party application and is not developed by Autodesk.  The error codes are provided by Flexera. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3

Thank you, I can't remember all the possible codes, got too much other stuff to retain. Smiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report