Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexLM can't return license early

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
DRW_CAD
3428 Views, 4 Replies

FlexLM can't return license early

This is a weird one. I have a guy who works out of town for long periods of time. He checked a license out & while it was out, I reinstalled the license manager in preperation for 2012 & now LM tools doesn't recognize that he has a license checked out so I can't check it back in & it's going to expire while he's out of town again. So what I want to do is either extend the current checked out license which I don't think you can do or return it early & check another one out. When I try to check it in, I get an error: 1.5-124, contact admin.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: DRW_CAD

What you'll need to do is delete the borrowed license from the HKCU registry key.  I believe this is stored under HKCU\Software\FLEXlm License Manager\Borrow

You'll have to check. Always make sure to backup the registry before making changes. 

After the borrowed license has been removed, you should be able to reborrow it. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

here is the kb article: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10305068&linkID=9240617

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
DRW_CAD
in reply to: DarrenP

Much thanks, that did the trick.

Message 5 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: DRW_CAD

Excellent. Glad you're up and running again. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report