Installation & Licensing

PierreRiegert
Message 1 of 4 (391 Views)

FlexLM, Suites and product keys

391 Views, 3 Replies
05-11-2012 07:52 AM

Hello,

I have a customer with 50 AutoCAD network seats. All the licenses are under subscription. These software have been installed with the 001D1 ProductKey (AutoCAD 2012).

Now the customer has bought 5 network seats of Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium (BDSP). This product has 765D1 as ProductKey.

When I launch AutoCAD installed from the BDSP, the software is able to work with either an AutoCAD License or a BDSP license (if all the AutoCAD licenses are in use). If I launch AutoCAD from a standard installation, it can only take an AutoCAD License and does not switch to a BDSP license when all the AutoCAD licenses are in use.

Is there a way to modify the product key on the 50 initially installed AutoCAD without uninstalling and reinstalling?

Thanks a lot

Kind regards

Pierre

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 4 (385 Views)

Re: FlexLM, Suites and product keys

05-11-2012 08:12 AM in reply to: PierreRiegert

No, this is an unfortunate flaw with AutoCAD 2012 and the BDS suites.  It simply doesn't work.  :smileysad:

I believe this has been corrected in BDS 2013 though.  If you are under subscription you might obtain a new license and see if that fixes it.  I haven't tested this scenario yet retroactively. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 3 of 4 (383 Views)

05-11-2012 08:40 AM in reply to: TravisNave

no you would have to uninstall the autocad and reinstall autocad from the building suite

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17565918&linkID=16831209

PierreRiegert
Message 4 of 4 (354 Views)

05-15-2012 02:43 PM in reply to: PierreRiegert

Thank you for your very quick answers.

Pierre

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube