Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexLM Service Issue & Setup Flexlm Triad

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
carlc
1492 Views, 4 Replies

FlexLM Service Issue & Setup Flexlm Triad

Hey all,

I searched for Flexlm and Flexlm Triad and Triad and didn't find any pertinent results.

Anyway is there any license file reconfiguration required in order to setup a flexlm triad fro your AutoCAD licenses?

Also one of the main reasons for moving to a triad is on our server running flexlm requires reboots by a "power user" here occasionally. The issue is We can't seem to run the AutoCAD License in service mode. If we do it just wont start. if we uncheck the run as service box and click start the service fires right up and users connect. Has anyone seen this behaviour before?

TIA

CLEAR RTC
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
carlc
in reply to: carlc

I should mention the issue is if someone who doesn't know how to start the AutoCAD Flexlm license reboots the server we have engineers tiwddiling there thumbs.

Thanks
Message 3 of 5
TravisNave

Yes, the triad configuration requires a specific license file to look for all 3 of the redundant servers. Also, it requires at least 2 of the 3 to always be running. Should 2 go down and 1 is left, it will not work.

Note: I have never liked this setup.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 5
carlc

So do I just call up Autodesk and ask for a different license or can I do it over the web like I do with our PTC software?

Thanks for the reply.

Carl
Message 5 of 5
TravisNave

You can still do it over the web. When it asks what kind of server you want, choose redundant.

http://register.autodesk.com

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report