Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
600 Views, 1 Reply

FlexLM License Finder

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Efim, I deleted the licpath.lic, and the registry key for ADSK_LICENSE_FILE. I rebooted the machine, and tried to launch AutoCAD. Same error. After attempting, I checked and there's still no licpath.lic, and the registry entry was not recreated. Thanks for your continued help, Danny Efim Tetelman (Autodesk, Inc) wrote: > Hi Danny, > > 1. first of all if you using distributed server environment you should not > have licpat.lic file at all (delete it). > 2. fully delete ADSK_LICENSE_FILE key in the registry (later it will be > created a new one). > 3. After deleting it restart your machine and try to launch AutoCAD. > > Hope it helps. > > Efim > "Danny P." wrote in message > news:4086e2e1_3@newsprd01... > >>I'm having a problem with one machine not being able to obtain a >>license. It was working yesterday, and nothing has changed on this >>machine that I'm aware of. >> >>The specific error is described in this Technical Solution (and >>summarized below): >> > > http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=3003046&linkID=2475323 > >>However, the license manager is functioning for the 24 other users on >>this server, as well as the other users in the other offices. >> >>We are using a distributed license system, with 5 total servers. All >>five servers are specified correctly in the ADSK_LICENSE_FILE system >>variable. They are also specified correctly in the registry key >>\Software\FlexLM...\ADSK_LICENSE_FILE. Although I don't think >>it's necessary, the licpath.lic contains the correct information for the >>one local server: >>SERVER >>USE_SERVER >> >>I can ping all five servers from the machine by name and IP address. I >>am able to telnet into the local server using both ports 27000 and 2080. >> There is no personal firewall software, and McAfee is not installed. >> >>If I check the debug.log file on the license server, there are no error >>messages or DENIED entries, or any reference to this machine name. >>LMTOOLS is version 9.1. >> >>I have uninstalled AutoCAD 2002, rebooted, and re-installed. There are >>no other products on this machine which use network licensing. AutoCAD >>2002 is using SP1. >> >>I've gone through every TS and post I could find relating to this, and >>everything appears normal. I would appreciate it if you have any other >>suggestions. >> >>Thanks in advance, >>-Danny Polkinhorn >>WATG >>Honolulu >> >>Information from the TS: >> >>When you start an Autodesk® product that uses the FLEXlm® license >>managemnent technology, the following message is displayed in the FLEXlm >>License Finder dialog box: >> >>Your application was not able to obtain a license because the FLEXlm >>license manager could not determine where to find the licensing data it >>needs. Please specify the license server or license file. >> >>You then specify the license server and the following message is > > displayed: > >>The network license manager was not able to get a valid license. If this >>problem continues, please contact your system administrator. Error > > [1.5.-15] > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report