Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexLM Error -15.10.10061 on 11.5

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
David_Metcalf
8998 Views, 8 Replies

FlexLM Error -15.10.10061 on 11.5

Good Morning Folks,

I have a customer who is running in to a FlexLM Error -15.10.10061 I am not sure what transpired to this point where the error occurred. After a bit of searching I found this discussion in the visualization site.

http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk-3ds-max/installation---hardware---os/a-valid-license-could-n...

They are using FLexLM 11.5 I know 11.7 should be running but right now for the time begin they are remaining with 2008 until update training is conducted on the staff.

This would not make sense because the user has FlexLM on his PC and should be able to startup Civil 3D 2008/2009/2010 and 2011 from his PC.

One thing that I need to add is that starting the LMTOOLS and going to either the Server Status tab and performing an Perform Status Enquiry or from the Server Diags tab and using the Perform Diagnostics results in a “Not Responding” notification on the titlebar. I have to shut down the LMTOOLS. I tried a uninstall reinstall of FlxexLM to see if I can get it back up and running properly but the same error occurs.

I am not sure if its a bridged MAC Miniport issue that happens with 11.7 because this is 11.5 we are working with.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/FlexLM-11-7-and-fffffff/td-p/2678822

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

David

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

if ltools hangs issue is server side.(I assume the client and server is the same machine)

Do you see lmgrd.exe and adskflex.exe running in the task manager ?

Did you try to add exception in the DEP for these exe ?

are there any firewall/antivirus blocking these applications ?

you can always upgrade license manager to 11.7 (with ipv6 patch if required), as they are backward compatible.

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS13737466

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: David_Metcalf

Bridging the NICs can cause the MAC address to change so that the LIC file in LMTOOLS becomes invalid.  Make sure that the MAC listed on the System Settings tab matches the LIC file.  Sometimes this problem shows that the MAC is FFFFFFFFFFFF. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 9

Thanks Hashim!

I took a nice 2 hour drive drive out there and saw there were three different places where ADLM was installed. This probably happened over time from different consultants and resellers. I don't know how it got this way. What we decided to do is to remove ADLM from the users machine, as trying 11.7 did not work, the tool continued to hang clicking on any of the diagnostics. So and rather than continue to use his PC as a ADLM, I suggested the IT dept move ADLM to the division's server and get a new license file. Then we used ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE to point the seats to the new ADLM located on the server.

One thing the IT needed to do on the new server was to check to allow FlaxLM service to run.

No firewalls checked as on. Antivirus are unchanged way back.

I didn't check and see if modifying the DEP on the PC would do the trick. Thing was it was working fine for several months so no one knew of any changes other than the user installing Civil 3D 2011. He might hav etried to install it on the PC with ADLM with standalone configured.

I will certainly remind myself of the tips you provided for the future, thanks very much!

David

Message 5 of 9

Thanks Travis,

I checked the back of the users PC running ADLM and there is only one NIC with nothing bridged in the settings. Also, this is occuring with ADLM 11.5 with the same behavior occuring with 11.7.

I had run into two cases with 11.7 and bridging, so that was one item I checked for right off the bat.

Anyhow removing the ADLM and moving it to a server took casre of the immediate need.

Thanks again,

David 

Message 6 of 9
TravisNave

Excellent.  Thanks for following up. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 9
dean.petersen
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi Folks,

I had the same message but have found it is bacuse there was an issue with windows 7 and having the licence manager on the same machine. This fix was a simple change in the Hosts fie and is described here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14077688&linkID=9240697

Hope this helps.

Message 8 of 9
TravisNave

Thanks for the link. I've also posted a KB about this IPv6 issue provided in my signature since this original post. If you do not have access to the hosts, then you can also make an IP change to the LICPATH.LIC file, where applicable.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 9
sriniva91
in reply to: dean.petersen

Hi 

I am also facing the below Error of one of the user 

"a valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager if you are still unable to access a license, contact your system administratot

Error -15.10.10061"

but this URL is not working now "http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14077688&linkID=9240697"

pls suggest me some soulution

Thanks

Sri

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report