Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexLM ADSKFLEX.OPT active directory usernames with spaces

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mhdion
3338 Views, 4 Replies

FlexLM ADSKFLEX.OPT active directory usernames with spaces

Hello Everybody,

I'm working to create an ADSKFLEX.OPT file in order to define users that should be able to borrow AutoCAD 2013 licenses.

Now I'm facing the problem related to usernames having spaces. e.g.:

dn:CN=Smith\, John,OU=Users,DC=my,DC=domain,DC=com
cn: John, Smith
sn: Smith
givenName: John
displayName: Smith, John
sAMAccountName: SMITH John
userPrincipalName: SMITH John@my.domain.com
mail: jsmith@my.domain.com
mailNickname: SMITH John

How should I define the ADSKFLEX.OPT GROUPS using this username?

1) GROUP acadusers John Smith

Wrong, the server will parse this line as two different users: John and Smith

2) GROUP acadusers "SMITH John" ?

3) GROUP acadusers "Smith, John" ?

I was unable to find a document that explains how to include usernames with spaces.

Should I use quotes or single quotes?

I have no access to License Server so I need to send to the IT Department  the ADSKFLEX.OPT file.

Thanks in advance for your time

--
Mauro Dionisi

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: mhdion

You cannot have usernames with spaces.  I would suggest rather then that you use computer host names. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
mhdion
in reply to: TravisNave

Dear Travis,

Thank you for your quick response.
Considering AD user object attributes, which one is used by FlexLM to search for username?

I'm wondering if there is any way to define which attribute of user object  to map with username.
I need to map user instead of computers because users share computers and anybody could use the workstations.
Thanks again for your time

--
Mauro Dionisi

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave

Do a status enquiry from the Server Status tab of LMTOOLS (or check the debug log file) to see how LMTOOLS interprets the username for each license used.  This will give you an idea of how it is working so that you can modify your adskflex.opt file appropriately.  My signature contains everything you could ever want to know about setting up the options file. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
emily.xu

Tested on my machine, and succeeded with quotes(double) as:
GROUP acadusers "SMITH John"

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report