Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex server not reachable with Windows firewall enabled

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dlee2654
1233 Views, 1 Reply

Flex server not reachable with Windows firewall enabled

hello, we are in need of running our flex server with the windows firewall enabled to block specific subnets in china which are on our corporate network. 

so far all technical articles found on how to allow traffic through has failed.  I have even resorted to creating an "any any" type of rule that basically renders the firewall useless, however the license server still cannot be contacted wth the domain policy enabled.  disabling the domain policy will allow access to the flex license but now I cannot control which subnets can access. 

Has anyone got this to work on Windows Server 2008/R2 with windows firewall running?  I have created both inbound and outbound rules that open all ports on all protocols to All IPs just to test if its at all possible to access with domain policy enabled and it is not.  I have opened a case with Microsoft support and they have never seen an issue such as this and have pretty much run out of things to try.  Micorsoft states that with my exceptions the traffic is nearly identical except there is a final "reset" that does not come back. 

whatever is happening, its clearly not as simple as allowing the appropriate ports; something else is getting filtered or corrupted in the data stream by having this domain policy enabled. 

I was hoping someone else has run into this problem and resolved it somehow.  any advice is appreciated..

thanks,
Don

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
david.lau
in reply to: dlee2654

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report