Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Run Initialization

25 REPLIES 25
Message 1 of 26
rms390
8085 Views, 25 Replies

First Run Initialization

Im full admin, re-created my profile, windows xp sp3 (fully updated), The other Autodesk 2012 Products do no have this issue (Inventor and Revit). 

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
rms390
in reply to: david.lau

My home computer and office computers both do the first run initialization every time.  Its autodesk and they haven't fixed this problem yet.

Message 22 of 26
adam_kimber
in reply to: rms390

Two things!

Just to correct David Lau's link for others to click on.... Can't run on restricted user

Also there is a FIRST RUN registry key at the following point, I am not so clued up on the registry, maybe its a red herring! 

HKCU / Software / Autodesk / AutoCAD / R19.0 / ACAD-B001:409 / 3DGS Configuration / GSHEIDI10 / FirstRun

Message 23 of 26
david.scheu

Calling attention to another long thread on this same topic. Users running various flavors of AutoCAD 2012 on operating systems from XP through W7, network and standalone, are having this issue, and neither administrator rights nor user profiles seem to be the answer for anyone there either.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/quot-First-Run-Initialization-quot-Every-Time-I...

A forum search on "First Run Initializing" also turns up reports of the problem with AutoCAD LT 2012 and Trueview.

Help?

Message 24 of 26
adam_kimber
in reply to: david.scheu

Compared the registry post boot, pre cold start of AutoCAD and there appears to be no changes in the local user section to whether its "First Run" or not. SO I don't think its a registry value in the user section. Might be in the LM section?

Message 25 of 26
david.scheu

For what it's worth, a file search on modify date, with hidden files and system folders included, doesn't reveal any files that are changed during the ACAD startup process either.

Message 26 of 26
spmsjosh

how long does setup take?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report