Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firewall Blocking FLEXnet Licensing

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
JoeVermeulen
12897 Views, 9 Replies

Firewall Blocking FLEXnet Licensing

For some reason I can't get the AutoCAD license to go through the Windows Server 2008 R2 firewall.  I have setup the inbound ports, 2080 and 27000 to 27009, and allowed adskflex.  I also allowed File and Printer Sharing (Echo Request - ICMPv4-In) that was suggested from another thread.  I have 8 other licenses using FLEXnet and they all work through the firewall with no issues.  I am using the web administration version of FLEXnet.  Is there something I am missing?

FLEXnet version 11.10

License Server Manager Port in Use: 27002

Adskflex version 11.9

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
DarrenP
in reply to: JoeVermeulen

is there an error message or anything when opening up autocad or in the flex lm manager?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
JoeVermeulen
in reply to: DarrenP

No, just the generic can't find license server when trying to run AutoCAD.  If the firewall on the server is disabled then AutoCAD will run so it's definitely a firewall issue.

Message 4 of 10
TravisNave

In addition to adding port exceptions, I often also add program exceptions in the Windows Firewall settings.  I add the four .exe files

lmgrd.exe

adskflex.exe

lmutil.exe

lmtools.exe

That should help eliminate the -15 error if that is what you are getting.  Also make sure you can ping and receive a standard IPv4 response.  If the response is IPv6, you will probably want to resolve that as well.

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 10
JoeVermeulen

I am using the web FLEXnet licensing program so there is no lmgrd or lmutils type programs.  ArcGIS v10 is running these programs though so I tried making firewall exceptions for them just to test and didn't help.  Is there any issues with the AutoCAD licensing program and using the web FLEXnet licensing program?  As stated all the other licenses work properly except adskflex.

Checked also for IPv6 and it's using IPv4.

Message 6 of 10
TravisNave

I also use the web FLEXnet and it works just fine. Is it configured and showing licenses available? I had a thread about this awhile back on here somewhere.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 10
JoeVermeulen
in reply to: TravisNave

The licenses are definitely setup properly because when the server firewall is down you can check out licenses.  I checked the FLEXnet directory and there is no lmgrd, lmutil, lmtools just lmadmin.  Also none in Common Files-> Macrovision Shared and no processes running for them.  lmgrd process is running but from ArcGIS directory.  It's perplexing because all the other FLEXnet licenses go through the firewall except Autodesk.

Message 8 of 10
TravisNave

Message 9 of 10
JoeVermeulen

Exactly right for all my FLEXnet licenses.  Usually I just import the license file to the FLEXnet admin and it automatically creates a directory.  Then I add the license program to the directory and configure it.  Once it's running properly I add the program to the Windows Firewall as an Inbound rule and everything is good to go.  For some reason adskflex just doesn't go through the firewall like the other licenses.

Message 10 of 10
TravisNave

Strange indeed.  You should be able to set an exception for both adskflex.exe and for port 2080, as that is what it uses.  You can test this with Internet Explorer (not other browsers) by typing the address of your servername followed by the :2080 port number.

http://servername:2080

This should result in the response similar to:

Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60

If you see this in IE, then you know the connectivity is working properly.  You can also check the other NLM ports as well, like 27000, this way.

Are you getting any kind of error?

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report