Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Joe-Bouza
294 Views, 2 Replies

File paths

Good Grief!

after creating deployments for 3 suites x 5 components = 15 serch paths to add to, I recognized after the fact when pressing the add button then browse button it over writes the OOTB path. whats up with that?

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
avto
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Hi Joe,

I totally understand your grief with this.

Basically when you click on the Add button, to add a search path, the deployment wizard opens a blank box for you to type up your custom search path (you can see the blinking cursor waiting you to type). 

If you do not type your path (a path to a valid network share e.g. \\systemname\shareName, or local folder path c:\test), but click on ‘Browse’ the blank box disappears and the wizard automatically selects the last path in the Support File Search Path list to modify.

I’m sure you have found the workaround by now, but for someone reading this post …

The workaround is to type up a short path to a local folder (e.g. C:\test) in the blank box after clicking ‘Add’ button and then click on ‘Browse..' to add your custom search path to the deployment.

Regards,

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: avto

Totally correct, avto!

Thanks for covering that. You must have played center field at some time 🙂
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report