Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Corrupted Error w/ Autodesk Self-Extractor

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
eliasbaldwin
2306 Views, 6 Replies

File Corrupted Error w/ Autodesk Self-Extractor

I have spend the last couple of days trying to install the student licenced AutoCAD 2015. The Install Now program never worked for me (I could never get past having a communication error despite spending many hours troubleshooting), so I decided to use the browser download option. After an hour of downloading (and that's with pretty quick internet) I ran the installer.

After two seconds I got this popup:

filecorruptederror.png

I'm rather dissapointed that after all of that time downloading I can't even install the software.

I've even downloaded and installed other 2015 Autodesk software using the same browser download method and it's worked fine.

It is a real pain not to be able to install this program after downloading a 1.6 GB file.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: eliasbaldwin

I would recommend that you try downloading your product using the virtual assistant by following the directions here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

It usually works better. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
pabloe1177
in reply to: TravisNave

I am having the say problem even though I used the virtual assistant. PLEASE HELP.
Message 4 of 7
EvilMelky
in reply to: eliasbaldwin

I am having the same issue. Please Help!!

Message 5 of 7
pete_gumby
in reply to: TravisNave

Also used Virtual Assistant 

Downloaded a 2.4 gig file for REVIT 2015 and I get the same error message from Auto Desk Self Extract

Corrupted error

HELP!!!

Message 6 of 7
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: pete_gumby

@pete_gumby

I have seen this before..  Not sure what is causing the issue but try a different browser and/or machine to download from the Virtual Agent.  I had one computer that I was downloading on and kept getting the same message.  When I switched to another machine it downloaded and extracted just fine.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: pete_gumby

Mark is right.  Try a different browser and make sure that your anti-virus is disabled during download.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report