Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Errors in AutoCAD LT 2011 Installation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
AndreaLV
430 Views, 2 Replies

Fatal Errors in AutoCAD LT 2011 Installation

I am running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.  We are on a domain.  When I try to install AutoCAD 2011 on a user's computer the following error appears during the initialization of the install:

AutoCAD Install Error.jpg

Here is the error that appears in the event viewer:

AutoCAD Error Event Log.png

I have followed steps to set a software restriction policy (in the local policy) and still had the same results.  I also moved the computer to a new OU that didn't inherit any policies from the domain and still could not get the install to run.  I am out of ideas!!  Any advice is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: AndreaLV

Some other users have had luck copying the media to the hard drive and installing from there.  If it is a network deployment, try modifying it so that it doesn't install in silent mode.

Also, you want to always ensure that your are installing with local admin rights (or in this case domain admin rights), with UAC off, and anti-virus disabled. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
AndreaLV
in reply to: TravisNave

I have logged in under each admin account and tried the install.  I just now tried it with turning off the AV, no joy yet.  The install is being run from the local machine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report